bug trail scout

james c

here is my trail scout i picked up. the engine numbers start with a "y" , i cant find out anything about that engine, anyone know? also says e h iv in the other case?

james c

i thinks its a fuji but cant find any for sale anywhere. it has no hodaka label except the small removable side cover. plus it has jap writing on the red tag on the left case oppistite the serial #'s

james c

but it says eh on that label and if you go from that then its a wombat 125cc motor not manufactured by hodaka, but its crazy fast,. check out the gem manifold and tillotson carb, the frame is as heavy as any motorcycle also, way strong and not gonna break like the bonanza. its cleaning up good so far and started right up when i saw it had gas in the tank and tried it.

george3

fast mini bike

but it says eh on that label and if you go from that then its a wombat 125cc motor not manufactured by hodaka, but its crazy fast,. check out the gem manifold and tillotson carb, the frame is as heavy as any motorcycle also, way strong and not gonna break like the bonanza. its cleaning up good so far and started right up when i saw it had gas in the tank and tried it.
Nice find, maybe its just your other mini bikes are slow. lol

george3

well then you need to drop off this bike at my house so I have something to beat edwin and the rest of the crew. Of corse there still have to be more alterations to the bike to run on the track. or at least to stay on the track.

You have a ultra rare bike. It's a 90cc. Should be a four speed. The y series is the equivalent to a e series 100cc. That engine is a 1974 or never because of the side case having no hodaka printed on it and the little trap door print is entruding and its red. You think that thing is fast you wanna race my bc 1300sh +.60 pistion and ring kit new bottom end I've hit over 60 on it.

james c

it might not look like it but ive taken everything apart and cleaned or painted it. i cut some corners when i smashed my finger with a big hammer :thumbsup: