Early swing-arm Bonanza w/ Mc90

Here is a bike that an old friend of mine has... It was bought new by a childhood friend of his at the Hegar4 kart shop in Portland Oregon in the early -mid 60's(I will try to find out exactly what year,I forgot to ask). The kid's family was wealthy, so he could just go down to Hegar4 and tell them what he wanted and his dad would buy it(Must have been nice). A few years later,they would have been 15 or 16 by then, the kid took it apart to re-paint it. No sooner did he have it all apart and Daddy bought him a '55 Bel-Air so his interest immediately went to the car and the Bonanza pieces were boxed up. About 15 years ago my friend called his old buddy to see if he still had pictures of the old Bonanza to look at because he had acquired a Bonanza project himself. Well...his buddy still had the boxes of parts and gave the to my friend. A few years ago he decided to powder coat it and put it back together. He had the rear shocks replated and found a new throttle/grips and lever for it. The dual carb Mc90 is untouched, seat adn tires are original. The tank is what hi buddy ordered from Hegar4.

Sorry for the crappy pics, all I had was my cell phone...:doah:

That is just crazy, I have never seen an early bonanza ( lower springs on the forks) with a swing arm. Look how short those rear shocks are.

Hounddog

"A truckload of vintage kart stuff"....like what for example....Show us some pictures so we can enjoy this bunch of vintage kart stuff...you know how it is when someone gets some new vintage kart or minibike stuff...we all want to see it...come on already...:laugh::laugh:

HD

Thats only some of it...looks like a nice enduro kart?, and lots of nice parts! Looks like a great score! Thanks for sharing.
Not an enduro..... It's in pieces so the upholstery is just laying there and looks like an enduro seat....It's actually a complete '64 Hornet !!!

I did get this Rupp enduro while I was there though:smile:

Hounddog

Is that a Rupp Chaparral Enduro Kart? That looks great! I have never seen one except in a brochure! Good score and it has the tanks as well!:thumbsup:

james c

if you happen upon some rupp turbines, please let me know. i need the fronts, oh....and a seat for a dart a bone....and....and....and.... i got a long list!:doah: