EVENT: Worlds Fastest Minibike 2011 Start's Saturday March 5th @ 3:30pm

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Scheduled to start Saturday March 5th @ 3:30pm, people racing in the event should be there early for the entry fee and draw of cards.

This will be a 1/4 mile event, so gear and test your bike accordingly before the event begins. The event will continue on for a total of 12 weeks or if there is a winner that has the majority of the wins within the 12 weeks. Only delays or post pone to the event will be if we have to leave because of the cops/police making us leave before that day of racing is done.

MOTOR AND FRAME RULES

1) Motor must be a small block, cast aluminum. No purpose built race blocks (Billet Blocks, or Blockzillas)
2) Motor must have started out no bigger than a 6.5hp block. The block can be bore and stroked to any size. (Deck Extensions and billet heads are allowed).
3) You can run any fuel you like, gas, race gas, methanol/alky, or nitro
4) You can run any clutch setup you like (stock kart clutch, kart racing clutch, or torque converter)
5) You can run any size tires, jack shaft, wheelie bars, wheel base, steering damper, or frame width you like.
6) No turbos, blower, nitrous units, etc allowed. (Must be naturally Aspirated only)

RACING AND WEIGHT RULES

1) On the first day of the event he/she must ride there own minibike. No matter of the weight he/she is or what mods are done to the motor.
2) Once the champion has won the trophy. He/she must race at least one challenger that same day before leaving. Unless there are no challengers to race.
3) The challenger has the weight rule in there favor. They have the option to place a jockey within 30 lbs of the champs weight on there bike to race the champ. (example: if champ is 200 lbs the challenger may be 220, but still has the option to put a 170 lb racer on he/she bike to win the trophy from the champ)
4) The next saturday, and every saturday after the beginning of the event. the champ must be at the racing location, and be ready to race no later than 3:30pm. No excuses!
5) The champ must race at least 2 races per saturday or up to 3 times a day, unless there are no challengers. (no playing favorites on who to race, must be different person, unless there are no new challenges)
6) If a challenger wins the race and becomes the champ he/she must ride there own bike from then on. Also they must race at least one new challenger that same day, unless there are no challengers.
7) FORFEITS - if the champ is late, doesn't show up, doesn't want to take a challenge, doesn't want to ride there own bike, unable to ride there own bike, motor blows up, or breaks any of the rules they will forfeit the trophy, and the event starts just like it's the first day all over again.

FEE's TO RACE IN EVENT

1) On the first day of the event, anyone that wants to participate in the event must pay a $10 sign up fee.
2) Also on the first day there will be a random order to see who is gonna race who. Racers will pull cards, matching cards will race each other.
3) Once the champ has won the trophy the only way to race the champ you must put up a $10 challenge fee.
4) If the champ wins he/she keeps the $10, if the challenger win he/she gets there $10 back. (The champ never looses any money, he/she can only win money)
5) If there are more than 3 challengers to race the champ, they must have a race off and race each other, all putting up $10 against each other. The winner of the race off will race the champ. (Example: If there is 4 guys, 2 and 2 race each other, then 1 and 1 race each other, the winner now has $40 total and races the champ with that $40)

Last edited by a moderator:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Two stroke? I'm assuming this is a four stroke class......right?
Sorry no 2-strokes
I have a local buddy who also asked the same thing. I was thinking of letting him ride being that his bike does 80mph in the 1/4, that is pretty much the norm to what the smaller 4-cycle motors will be running.

COWBOY

recorded et and mph ?

just wondering if you california guys ever have a race at a drag strip. or anywhere else in the country for that matter, it just looks like mini drag guys are mostly in the ca area. it would be interesting to know what kind of et and mph guys are getting in both the 1/8 and 1/4 mile not to mention 60 foot times.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
just wondering if you california guys ever have a race at a drag strip. or anywhere else in the country for that matter, it just looks like mini drag guys are mostly in the ca area. it would be interesting to know what kind of et and mph guys are getting in both the 1/8 and 1/4 mile not to mention 60 foot times.
No, at least not yet
There was some guys in Detriot racing there minibikes at a local drag strip. But that haven't happen yet our here.

COWBOY

fuel rule/class ?

do you have different fuel classes? i read it like you can run gas, alky or nitro but there all in the same class but you don't allow nitrous or any form of boost. is that right or am i reading it wrong. because if you can run any nitro mix you want it would seem that a gas/nitrous or gas with boost would be allowed in a separate class with the nitro bikes

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
You can run any fuel you like, BUT NO nitrous or boost like posted. The motor MUST BE naturally aspirated. NATURALLY ASPIRATED, NATURALLY ASPIRATED, NATURALLY ASPIRATED.

They say if read the same thing 3 times, it sticks into your brain.

Me doing some research on running Nitro found out that it works best on a multi-cylinder engine with constant vacuum. Even better if this engine is fuel injected with the proper air/fuel ratio meter, or fuel regulator. These single cylinder engine want to be really rich on the low and then lean on the high. And so many things vary from engine to engine you can never setup the engine to run a whole long full blast 1/4 mile. The main problem is the carburetor, then the atmospheric pressure changing while gaining speed, and then ignition timing. If you can fix those things you can really make a lot of power running nitro in your motor. If not your normally gonna go flat after your big boost in TQ.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Location, location, location. We know when, but where with all the heat running around?? It would be cool at a track, but where? Who knows, keep us posted.
There will always be a spot, and the date can always be changed if needed.

We was racing for 2 hours straight on Victoria last week, after they was saying cops is at the corner. No one seen the cops, but it was just paranoia talking like always. :eek:ut:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Due to the receiving calls and texts I have gotten over the last few weeks I am changing the starting date from March 5th to March 26th. I will be passing out new flyers, with the new date on it.

People have claim to need a extra week or two to have there bikes ready.