Getting the paint off an old Frame

I would like to strip the paint off my old minibike.in some places it looks like somebody might've used a brush to paint it.I was thinking a wire wheel on a grinder but wasn't sure ? chemicals?i'm not sure any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

To cold here for me to blast big parts so I went to Wally World and got extra strong paint stripper, and it actually worked good.

buckeye

The Easy Off works great.
I spray it on real heavy and place it in a heavy plastic bag overnight, thanks MarkG.
Works great. Then some stripper and wire brushes to get in the little spots.
Then sand it smooth like baby's butt.
Prep for paint..

capguncowboy

I think it was touched up with a brush .

Use a chemical paint stripper like Karen posted above. I think The Home Depot sells a gallon can of that particular brand for about $20. It's well worth it if you don't want to make a mess with dust from sanding or wire-wheeling it. You just brush it on, let it set for a few minutes, then scrape/wipe it right off.

CarPlayLB

Find a local powder coater and ask how much. My new guy here does it for $30 a frame. After buying stripper and gloves, you are already at half that cost!

Find a local powder coater and ask how much. My new guy here does it for $30 a frame. After buying stripper and gloves, you are already at half that cost!
after doing a couple frames by hand i was looking for the nearest sand blaster :laugh: paid about twice that much and it was still a bargain :thumbsup: