hawg ty front chain tensioner broke

as stated,front chain tensioner broke off & was chewed up, threw the front chain. it was suggested to use a skate board wheel{great idea} my question is, can i mount it solid, or does it need to "float" with the chain to keep tension on it to keep the slack out???sorry no pictures. thanks in advance....sorry i think i put this in the wrong place. my bad

Last edited:

joekd

If you mount it solid it cant move to control the tension, if you wanted to do that it would be easier to just bypass it altogether

If you mount it solid it cant move to control the tension, if you wanted to do that it would be easier to just bypass it altogether
does the engine slid front & rear to adjust the chain? if i take a link out chain will be to short. 1/2 link? suggestions? newbe here. thanks

Yes, the engine will slide forward and backward in the slots to tighten the chain.

Loosen the engine mounting bolts, slide the engine all the way to the rear, put the chain on, and slide it as far forward as it will go. If you still have too much slack in your chain, you can take a link out and use a 1/2 link and repeat the process if necessary.

Yes, the engine will slide forward and backward in the slots to tighten the chain.

Loosen the engine mounting bolts, slide the engine all the way to the rear, put the chain on, and slide it as far forward as it will go. If you still have too much slack in your chain, you can take a link out and use a 1/2 link and repeat the process if necessary.
thanks sq. chopper, gonna go have a go at it:thumbsup: