Hemi 212 Predator no governor longevity questions

I know most everybody either bypasses or removes the governors on their Predators.
They also rejet the carb and put on a header and air filter.

My question is will a Hemi 212 Predator survive running at WOT with ONLY those mods?
I'm talking about stock rod, stock springs, stock rockers, stock flywheel etc.
Will the engine even stay together at WOT with no governor?

Danford1

IMO, it is required to update to a Billet flywheel once the governor is removed, from a safety aspect. With stock springs revving higher than the manufacture suggests without the governor is asking for valve float in which a valve can be down(off the seat) while the piston is coming up, creating contact between the piston and valves. Personally, I wouldn't try it. Removing the governor is first asking the engine to operate above what it was designed to do, and 2nd your asking all other moving parts to do the same, work past their designed function. To answer your question, I would say no, the engine will not stay together. Running a stock flywheel risks Da boys not staying together as well, if this is on a mini.

Last edited:
The two most common fails with govenor removal. Are. Rod will gall on crank or break and the magnet on the flywheel sometimes starts coming loose and then wacks the coil breaking off the crankcase coil mounts.

I suspect that there a quite a few stories and pictures of engine over rev failures. I know people talk about the issues, how about people post up a few pics (but no pictures of damaged male personal parts, just broken engines).

The two most common fails with govenor removal. Are. Rod will gall on crank or break and the magnet on the flywheel sometimes starts coming loose and then wacks the coil breaking off the crankcase coil mounts.
X-2 on what ole said....stock rods just won't take the rpm's. ^^^^^^^^^

BWL

I don't even trust the casting of the crank case on the Harbor Freight motors. Even with all the parts does mean it won't fail:
[video=youtube;IOCTISde-qg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOCTISde-qg[/video]

I was talking with some people on here a few days ago about using a heat treated rod on my build for a 196 clone. From what it sound like the rod fails not only from being week but due to poor oiling if ran with stock springs but no governor. There not designed to lubricate enough at high RPM.

I was talking with some people on here a few days ago about using a heat treated rod on my build for a 196 clone. From what it sound like the rod fails not only from being week but due to poor oiling if ran with stock springs but no governor. There not designed to lubricate enough at high RPM.
The heat treated rod you were speaking of is an inferior design for anything above stock use, as the ARC rod uses main bearing inserts like you would see on a typical V8 crank, or V8 piston rod. Its a far better design, not that the stock rod isn't, however it is asked to perform above its intended use when you remove the governor and rev it to the moon. Plus it uses ARP hardware, how can you go wrong with ARP.