How to make engine less noisy and reliable.

Huie

So when my minibike is finished i will be riding it about 10 hours straight on weekends and for springbreak. So i need it to be quiet and stuff since im riding it in the midnight. I was wondering what i should get to make it less quiet and that it will not bring down. Any tips or anything like maintenance for it or anything. Thanks

MikeBear

So when my minibike is finished i will be riding it about 10 hours straight on weekends and for springbreak. So i need it to be quiet and stuff since im riding it in the midnight. I was wondering what i should get to make it less quiet and that it will not bring down. Any tips or anything like maintenance for it or anything. Thanks
Lot's of oil changes, and a BIG muffler.

Oh, and a headlight and taillight with a switch....

That way when the neighbors call the cops, you can turn the light off so they can't see you and confiscate the bike.

Of course, an ELECTRIC minibike makes almost no noise at all compared to a gas one. Of course, you'll never get 10 hours from it on one charge.

buckeye

Put a header on that motha and ride up and down your street as fast as you can. Don't forget to stop in front of the cranky old neighbors house and do a tire smokin burout. No really keep a regular maintanence schedule

The point of having a engine is for it to be loud as crap. Am I right?
:facepalm:

Some engines, yes. Others, no.

For example, I currently have 2 running minis, and a kart. The one mini is loud as hell, and I dont care. Why? I ride it during the day, off-road, on my property, and only a few times a week. The other is quiet, torquey, and made for on-road. I ride it almost everyday, on public property, near houses and I often pass parks, and many small children. If the engine was loud as crap I would get cursed at, yelled at, chased off, and had the cops called on me much more.

Some engines can be loud, others should not.

Muffler's are a good thing.... Sometimes.

Just ride it like it is and change the oil once and a while,the stock muffler is already quiet.:scooter:

toomanytoys

I really prefer my bikes to be quiet as possible. I don't know why, but, I just do.

My Super Bronc with the spark arrestor muffler, and a down pipe putting it straight down under the bike is super quiet, the hill topper with its factory muffler is quiet too, you can barely hear it go by.

As long as you take care of the motor it will be super reliable. I'd be more worried about other things, clutches, chains, ect.

This weekend, I filled the super bronc up 3 times in one day out cruising with it, no trouble at all. I do carry a cresent wrench in my pocket.....last time it broke down was my stupid fault, but I could of fixed it in less than 2 minutes with a single wrench.

I'd be more worried about other things, clutches, chains, ect.
Bingo. If he's seriously going to be riding for 10 hours a day, it sounds like the engine is going to be a big pile of suck after a week or even less. Huie, from what you've posted here and on other threads, are you sure you understand what you're demanding out of the engine that will be taking this abuse? How old is this engine? Is this the Briggs you're asking about in another thread for a muffler?

Oldsalt

lol my bad i ment to be more reliable
After putting on the megaphone exhaust, so your neighbors can keep track of you, simply leave the governor as set by the factory, check to see that it has oil before you ride it, change oil every 100 hours or so, make sure there is no way dirt can get past your air filter, use only very clean gas, completely drain the tank and run the engine until it quits when you are ready to store the mini.