I want to SCREAM! Super Bronc Throttle.

OK. The Super Bronc is finished for now. All engine work and wiring is done. EXCEPT.....I can't get this throttle cable to stay put. I have done all kind of things I can think of but it slips down after about a half hour and the throttle positioning changes. Anyway, here is a picture of it where I tried cloth electrical tape.

How do you guys get the stubborn ones to stay????

Doc

on a side note: it was way too difficult to navigate the warehouse to find that little piece. I was looking for the longer brake one but gave up... I almost had to do a google image search...

Last edited:
Take the clamp off the motor, hold it in a vise, and bend or tap the "saddle" portion over some more with a small hammer so it applies added clamping pressure.

I finally got back to the minibike after a couple of days off. I thought about all of the answers and I chose Gumpits. I had a couple of Step Retainers in stock. So far it works perfectly. I'm just not bright enough to think of these things. What an elegant solution to the problem. I also added the plate that the return spring attaches to instead of running it funky. Now the bike is rock solid as far as controlling the throttle especially at low speeds. Thanks to everyone for the ideas.

Just another tidbit, I put a new speedo head on the bike when I got the engine running properly. At that time I lubed the driver. Today I now have 35 miles on the bike and the driver began to stick. Pulled it, lubed it and runs great again. I think I just found my service schedule!

One thing I wish it had is an hour meter. I am just WAY to lazy to bother putting one on.

Again, thanks for the replies.

Doc

Last edited: