I was hungry till i had a BURRITO!

Dan-E-boy

hey guys, just wanted to share a recent craigslist find... at first i thought it was an all welded taco 22 because the single pic on the ad was blurry.. so i call the guy and ask if he can send me closer pics to my phone of specific areas to try and determine if it was a real taco or a reproduction..(just recently picked up a reproduction one,and even though its a great looking frame, i was trying to avoid doing that again). when i got the new pics, it was clear that it was in great condition as far as rewelds and dents go. and i also noticed that it was a bolt together frame. so we made a deal and went to pick it up.. with help from MAC and a little research on the net, im confident that its a burrito. sanded down the paint from the areas that there would be a serial # and there was no sign of them. i was told that meant its a burrito. let me know what you guys think. is there any other way to check? like measurements or sizes? here are some pics, thanks for checking it out and any info on these minibikes.

Dan-E-boy

Thanks guys, yeah, the kickstand with the pinch on it I hear is really hard to find.. ohh yeah, I forgot to mention that the only thing I found wrong was that the previous owner drilled some holes on the handle bars, for a killswitch I believe. You can see it on the last top view pic where next to where the left hand grip would go. But that's an easy fix.

Last edited:

Dan-E-boy

look who's got the fever now Dan e boy... nice find
Tell me about it :laugh: I bought my first mini in January, an acme chopper that I will post the progress on soon, and now I have 5 and convinced my brother that I live with to get two more.:laugh: its a fun hobby and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon..

Dan-E-boy

Started to take this Burrito apart and found a serial#.. at first I was told that the serial# would be found by the left foot peg or on the top frame piece by the neck area.. didn't find any #s on either of those two spots so I figured it was one without #s like other members have said they had.. well now that I took a closer look to see if I find any issues, I find some #s stamped close to the left rear axle mount.. I took paint off with paint stripper and gave it a quick scuff to find... 5p029 :thumbsup: does anyone else with a burrito have #s in that location??

Dan-E-boy

So its more common then I thought...:scooter: Im used to seeing the #s closer to the foot peg, but I've only owned a few others(67,68).. thanks for the response guys..:thumbsup:

Tell me about it :laugh: I bought my first mini in January, an acme chopper that I will post the progress on soon, and now I have 5 and convinced my brother that I live with to get two more.:laugh: its a fun hobby and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon..
Dan-E-boy
Great find :thumbsup:
I have the name and number of a good doctor!! :doah:

MiniBike Paul

Dan;

These 2 beautys I got from GRD are bolt together Burritos - why don't you come up to my shop and compare yours! Oh, and while you are here you can pinstripe the Limo!! I'll buy lunch!!

Dan-E-boy

bayareaburrito said:
Dan-E-boy
Great find
I have the name and number of a good doctor!!
thanks BAB, doctor is not needed though :laugh:, this addiction is like being addicted to vegetables...harmless:thumbsup:

Dan;

These 2 beautys I got from GRD are bolt together Burritos - why don't you come up to my shop and compare yours! Oh, and while you are here you can pinstripe the Limo!! I'll buy lunch!!

Those burritos are amazing!!:drool::drool:, I was checking them out at funday..should have brought my pinstriping box out there. i will see when i can get up there Paul, thanks for the invite..