It's TIME For a Mini Bike Magazine!

All my high resolution pics are stored here with a big ole "oldminibikes.com" logo on them. Just the way I like them..... Beside mini bike fame isn't all its cracked up to be. Ask Ed:scooter:

Maybe..if it's vintage bikes, with vintage motors. Otherwise, Petersen Publications, Taco, and self serving promoters have it locked up.

Vintage builds are already published here. I realize a lot of folks are telling you to go for it, but you'd need to do interviews and background to make an interesting story. "That" would be interesting.

Honestly, I don't see a plus in it for you, unless you can glean the human element.
I agree. I used to collect old garden tractors and there are many forums online for pictures and information on them. But a few years ago someone created Lawn and Garden Tractor magazine. It was small at first. But they did articles on people and their collections, They would highlight a brand and discuss the history and show old factory photos of prototypes and such. A mini bike magazine would need the human element and never seen before pictures to make it worth buying.

Mac

Why don't I just send a Mini Bike Guide to MA every quarter,
with the cover removed and ready for a new cover.:smile:

cool idea, always like to hold a book or magazine in had over reading online, but i also think alot of folks have turned to the internet as their source of info. if you go with a quarterly i'd be interested. and someone mentioned supporting members here and i know i'm guilty of not chipping in - so need to put on my to do list as i get a ton of info from the other minibike junkies here :scooter:

Thanks for all the positive repsonse. Again, I din't ask for advise on how to do this. I asked if anyone was interested in showing off thier work. So if you are you can PM me if interested. And no, I am not Mr. Graphic.

why not get off the quarterly idea and produce a nice hard backed coffee table book with the history and various brands etc etc. It would be considered the bible of minis if it was done correctly, all brands, all varieties of each brand, kind of an identity book.

I'm in. I have been a Senior English teacher for 38 years, and do freelance writing on the side, as well as editor functions. I bought my first Taco 22 in 1968 for $122. My dad paid half, and I rode the wheels off that mini bike for several years. I sold it to a neighbor friend who first put a MC 10 (Mac 10 go kart motor) and got 45mph out of it, but couldn't keep the chain on it. So, we found a Yamaha 100 motor, designed a mount, found someone who helped us mount a battery and wire the motor, which all resulted in an awesome mini that one would start out in second gear since it would pull the front wheel off the ground far too easily. I just assembled a fairly cool taco styled home built frame w/a 5hp flathead B&S. The B&S let me down twice, so I sold it yesterday, and on Monday, I'm buying a 212 predator for it. This mini bike frame is kind of a test bed. I am actively looking for a vintage 22 or 44 roller. So, I've definitely got the passion. I just joined OldMiniBikes on Monday. Im glad I did.

Hi Everyone. I work at a print shop and was thinking of putting together a quarterly magazine about Mini Bike restorations etc.

I would like to feature fellow MB junkies on thier completed restorations or cool vintage bikes they own. I am a graphic artist and this mag will be high end looking (A real magazine).

Would any of you be interested in being in the magazine?
If so, send me a few high rez photos of your bike and a little write up about it.
This gives Johnny Tillotson a lil chubby....

A few thoughts for the magazine: All of the suggestions in the replies seem legit for supplemental feature oriented pieces. However, consider the following: Have one or two big features per issue that spotlight the products and people behind major industry players. An example might be to arrange a Q and A session with the CEO/GM of the group trying to resurrect Taco. In addition to existing photos and graphics you may have, Taco could/would submit their media product photos, and product info. to professionally showcase their wares in the mag. The feature is great publicity for Taco, and feeds the ego of the man in charge, which makes a contract for a full page add in the next six issues very attractive to them. The same could be done the major parts suppliers and dealers. The table of contents, an editorial article and a "What's new" styled section in the first section of the mag would have industry news and new products, dealers, events and the like. Every manufacturer/dealer who gets a mention is a prime candidate for future ad contracts. The major features comprise the middle section, and the last section could consist of reader project and photos, or perhaps even an interview or two with readers or mini bike aficionados that may amuse the average reader. And finally, perhaps you may want to consider some T and A to appeal to a "broader" market. An amply endowed beauty in a tight fitting T shirt with a low cut "v" neck front that a very largew "T 44" on it...