Jeep2003's - Micro Motor Bike - (Anything Goes)

Ok so heres some shots of the pipe. I might add a little tail piece out the back just 1/2" or so but otherwize finished. I used two plumbing elbows to get it hooked around. So I ended the muffler ahead of the shock and put a second one behind it and connected them with a large pipe that has a cutout around the shock. So it sits nice and tucked in. Cut down an old shield for it and ill wrap the rest of the pipe. I might build a tuned pipe for it in the future but thats a progect in itself and id like to keep it quiet so we'll give this a try. Havnt had any progress since my last post

Im making my own forks I got the upper part made and the lowers. Im going to use the 1/2" bolts for the sliders. The nuts will be welded on top and the bolt heads will be shaved down to fit in the lower tubing as well as the lower bushing. All four bushings will be held in place with set screws and spacers. That way they can be taken apart. And the spring cups will have tabs to keep them captive. So the forks wont fall apart if those set screws decide to back off. That was the best and easiest way i could come up with.

I sure like your design for the front fork springs. How do you determine the spring rate? Trial and error?
Yeah pretty much. I have a pretty good pile of springs so i just go through and see what will work best. I usually get lucky and have something i can use or make work. Im pretty good at determining what spring rate ill need so I try to get it as close as I can with what iv got.

Wow I have been slacking. almost a month and I only got two spring cups made. Iv been trying to put time in on this bike but keep getting distracted.

I got the front end together now im working on the handlebars. I found a few brake/ clutch handles in my stash that are a good size so i wont have to fab them. Im not sure about the throttle yet. But as you can see i made the fender. I didnt account for the diameter of the springs when i built the forks so they are pretty close to the tire but it should clear. The headlight is a bicycle light front half but the cup on the back was too big so i made one out of a gravy cup sorta thing. Its not going to be functional just for looks. But it looks good. Im using handlebars from a kids bicycle but cutting them down a bit I didnt like how tall they were.

Would you please tell us how you made the front fender and what kind of metal it is? I'm guessing you bent the edges last and wonder what sort of tool you have or made to bend them. Although, it kind of looks like there might have been some heat involved.

Would you please tell us how you made the front fender and what kind of metal it is? I'm guessing you bent the edges last and wonder what sort of tool you have or made to bend them. Although, it kind of looks like there might have been some heat involved.
Actually i did the edges first. I bent a piece of conduit to the right curve and cut the edges from that. Cut the inner half off then split the top in half to make the edges. Then weld in the flat section. It works quite well.

Love this build. Ive been watching your youtube videos man, there great! Can i ask how you bend your tube. I think i saw you using a pipe bender in one episode

Thanks guys ! It really depends on the particular piece or tube. I have 3 benders a 7/8" jd bender die, a conduit bender that also does 7/8" and a smaller conduit bender. If it doesnt fit those I either use heat or pie cut it. depends on how thick it is if it will kink or not. I try to use factory bent pieces of scrap if I have them even if they dont have quite the bend I need because they need less bending so its easier to make what you need. Iv been using the conduit benders quite alot and iv been liking using conduit because its easy, cheap, there are like 3 or 4 different thickneses of 7/8 at home depot. Just be smart about what your doing if you think its too weak it probably is. But its rare that I have any frame failures

I am getting very close to done with the fab work. I got the bars cut down and put back on. I took 1 1/4" out of the height and made a square base with sleves to bolt them on nice and solid. Today i built the foot pegs. all from scratch to suit the 1/2" grips. Also got the throttle made up. I didnt get any pics yet but it is a mountain bike grip shift. I glued on a piece of plastic from another gripshift to make it full length. Actually took it off my track bike because im going to put a normal throttle on that. The reason i used the gripshift is because it is just much more compact than any of the other throttles i have in my pile. Next I will make the kick stand make sure everything else is done then tear it apart for clean up and paint. Im thinking just a black frame with either a blue or white tank and fenders with a simple graphic like a shooting star will be good. I kinda like it the colors it is to leave the frame bare metal with clearcoat but its easier the other way and I think it will be just as cool maybe even better

Attachments