Jersey Rat

buckeye

Well, of course the time has come for something to not be right.

I really hadn't bolted the engine down. Just assumed the header would clear the frame.
I go to strap the beast in and whew..clears the frame.

However, it hits the shock..arrrgggg...:hammer:

There's always something.
Anyone used a clone and header on one of these?
Which header ya think would fit?
Or is this in need of custom?

I wanted to start this suckered so bad. Or at least try.:censure:

Well , you can throw that Rat in the Truck , make the short 3 hr drive and we'll fab up a custom one quick ! Or just bend the shock outta the way :001_tt2:

Tom, If you need something bent...or a different type of header, I'll bend you one up. Got any pics of the engine on the bike ?

Would it hurt if I cut the header a little shorter?
Performance wise?
I'm no expert but a header is like a rifle barrel , it has to be long enough for bullet to achieve max muzzle velocity , similarly the header needs to be correct length to obtain max performance , but in this case , cut the darn thing !!

buckeye

8t's OK to cut, then cut it I will.

I thunk it through and when I do I am going to cut it on even more of a angle than it is now.

Thanks fellas for you input.

Super fast shipping from my buddy in TN. Petcock ready to instal. Then run some fuel line and see what I have.
Thanks man.

buckeye

I will attempt to have the longest of it just barely short of the shock.
Thinking 50 or 60 degree cut..shoot flames right behind my leg.:laugh:

Thanks. I just thought if it was shorter it would jack up the massive power this beast is going to produce.:laugh:

Tom, too short can burn a valve but I think you have enough there. We use an old school method to find the safe point. What's the overall length?

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

You could do the BPHM. If clearance is an issue with that get a 3/4 pipe thread male to female 45 degree elbow. Screw that into the header and the muffler into it. It will allow you to kick the muffler in/out/up/down when you adjust it. I'd recommend getting the 3/4 conduit lock nuts as well. For an open header is say under seat or you are building one.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

buckeye

It arrived today Joker.
Perfect.
Played some in 800 degrees. At least the was a breeze blowing that oven air.

Here's where she sits today.
Tank mounted. I like it.
Header was already cut..too short?? What cha think?

If so, I am,willing to purchase a,header that will work.
With the tank where I mounted it, under the seat OK?
Or an,I going up in flames?
Thanks,for you thoughts, good and bad.

Too bad I didn't see this sooner. I would of cut the header half way through, bent it out a tad and welded up the seam.:thumbsup: Looks pretty good the way you have it.:thumbsup: