Just a note in here

Hent

Don't ruin peoples for sale threads with your non-sense. Ask relevant questions only.

I can't read every single thread on here, so if there's something that's not right, click on the "!!" button like you would for spam to get my attention, or the other moderators....

If the crap keeps up, I'll take it away, or have it only for supporting members... :shrug::shrug:

This goes for the complete bikes section, too.

:blink:

Don't ruin peoples for sale threads with your non-sense. Ask relevant questions only.

I can't read every single thread on here, so if there's something that's not right, click on the "!!" button like you would for spam to get my attention, or the other moderators....

If the crap keeps up, I'll take it away, or have it only for supporting members... :shrug::shrug:

This goes for the complete bikes section, too.

:blink:

The man makes a strong threat, Obey the rules!. And to all you newbs out there you don't want Hent to close the for sale section:eek: it is a extremely valuable asset that you will not find any were else. Ebay pails in comparison to the deals/and rare parts you can get for your mini bike builds.

That is all.

I still thought the just make it so the original poster is the only member with the authority to touch the thread wasn't a bad idea either.. :shrug: Not sure how hard it is to make that work.. :confused:

On a side note.. Where did the 900 dollar bike thread go? :confused: Is it still around? I searched for a minute but was too pissed off to concentrate.. :angry:

Maybe that one and this one should be stickied?? :shrug:

I still thought the just make it so the original poster is the only member with the authority to touch the thread wasn't a bad idea either.. :shrug:

Maybe that one and this one should be stickied?? :shrug:
I think people should be able to ask relavent questions...politely. Then the answer gets posted for the next guy that might have the same question.:thumbsup:

This thread Stickied is a good idea:thumbsup:

I think people should be able to ask relavent questions...politely. Then the answer gets posted for the next guy that might have the same question.:thumbsup:

:sad: Yeah... it's a real conundrum huh? :shrug: Some hammer dents, even if temporary, would help a lot too...

george3

Its not cool to post that you can buy a item for 50.00 when the seller wants high dollar for what he has. Unless he is a newby that has a nice mini bike you want, :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's it ScooterBoy. Items should be available for questions, or even some discussion, but to put down someones item is bullshit.

It only takes me 30 seconds to remove the classified section.

As for the threads being stickied... they usually usually get over looked. You can tell by the amount of "views" on certain threads.....

any post without a location and price will be deleted" 11-27-2009, 06:03 PM

A post from balljoint "Tecumseh Motor fix or Parts" from yesterday has 618 views.

People know that the stickied threads are boring rules threads or guidelines for posting, that's why barely anyone reads them and rules are broken.

great! saw some of this going on in a recent post and i just couldnt resist myself from calling out the knuckleheads that were involved. Its really pretty simple. If you dont like the add, price, etc, you are free to just click a little button and move on! Who would have thunk? Instead most guys feel the need to bash the seller in one way or another. No need to tell the seller that you recently sold the same motor for much less...................whats the point?
especially if you arent even interested in buying said motor. There is nothing wrong with starting high. Who doesnt want to make as much as they can?
Want to negotiate a better price......a simple PM to the seller may just be the way to go about it?

anyway.....thanks to the moderators for taking care of it. I am a newbie and i would hate to see it go even after the short time i have been here.
Thanks!

I also like those from tim to time commercials... :shrug: You know, you're cruising along... and ya click pictures.. But BAMMO!! Theres a surprise commercial...

"The moderators would like you to view this thread before continuing"

Or however it goes... Those things get your attention.. Hell.. Ya have no choice... They gotcha by the gotcha.. :laugh:

Hey Hent,
On another forum I belong to, a lot of guys offer up stuff for auction. They post a thread, guys bid, and once the moderators get the cash the OP ships the winner their prize. All of the proceeds typically go to the site.

I think it'd be a cool way to raise funds for OldMiniBikes. I know I have some stuff I'd put up, if you're cool with it of course.

As for all the BS posts in the classified section... That :censure: gets outta hand way to often around here. The same site I was reffering to also has a strict NO POSTING IN THE CLASSIFIED SECTION rule. You must PM your question to the buyer, and the seller is only allowed to "bump" their ad every 3 days or to say "SOLD" so the mods can delete it.

Hey Hent,
On another forum I belong to, a lot of guys offer up stuff for auction. They post a thread, guys bid, and once the moderators get the cash the OP ships the winner their prize. All of the proceeds typically go to the site.

I think it'd be a cool way to raise funds for OldMiniBikes. I know I have some stuff I'd put up, if you're cool with it of course.

As for all the BS posts in the classified section... That :censure: gets outta hand way to often around here. The same site I was reffering to also has a strict NO POSTING IN THE CLASSIFIED SECTION rule. You must PM your question to the buyer, and the seller is only allowed to "bump" their ad every 3 days or to say "SOLD" so the mods can delete it.
Hey Nick,

That sounds like a good idea, but I think in the end it just results in way too much to take care of. If someone doesn't ship, it comes back to OldMiniBikes as we would be the ones who accepted the money, but shipping is not on us....

There's been some flaky people lately, and I'd rather not be involved with them. :thumbsup:

I think how the classified section here is setup, works just fine, other than the occasional ass who needs to post when they really shouldn't.
We'll continue to allow posting in the threads. Answering the same question via PM gets old really quickly..