Manco flea market find

Needed a break from life today so I took a ride to the flea market. I wasn't there 5 minutes and found a mini bike:laugh: I know its a Manco but I don't know squat about them. Has a brand new predator engine. Runs pretty good.:laugh: Not that I needed another mini bike but for 200.00 I couldn't leave it there:laugh: Has a new rear sprocket, and clutch. Seems to be in pretty good shape but I think the rear wheel has had something modified but it looks pretty good. Will be a nice rider. Could use a clutch cover if anybody has one:wink:

That's awesome looks ready to go. I was never a huge fan of those but the more I see them the more I like them.
I also think they are kinda weird looking. :laugh: Couldn't resist for the price. I took it for a quick spin with flip flops and shorts on, runs pretty good but it makes me nervous with out a chain guard.:laugh:

buckeye

Thunderbirdie!!
Good deal. They can be fun and you won't feel bad modifying it.
Good score.:thumbsup:
That is what my thunderbobbachopper started out as. Remember that thing?:thumbsup:

They sold for $800 new retail with a 3.5 Tec powersport engine back in the day, they ride nice but look weird but I'd own one for that price.:thumbsup:

Almost forgot Karen, I think both of your fenders are on backwards. I would add a band brake on the clutch, the scrub brake on them is worthless if it gets wet.

Almost forgot Karen, I think both of your fenders are on backwards. I would add a band brake on the clutch, the scrub brake on them is worthless if it gets wet.
I agree about the brake situation, a clutch brake would be ideal for sure stops. Just a little dew on the grass is enough to get you crossways with the Manco bikes including the Streaker and we see both in the high speed fork thread almost as often as Bird minis. I do not like scrub brakes but do like many of the bikes that have them so a back up is just a smart thing to do.

OWEND, your right about the front fender, backwards:laugh::laugh: If you didn't say something, I may not of noticed:doah: The back fender I'm not sure about. I'll take a better look at it next week............I have been as busy as a one armed paper hanger:laugh: Ban brake is a great idea:thumbsup:

CarPlayLB

Karen, you know I have a high level of care and concern for you, so this may sting a little.
I believe that may be the ugliest minibike I have ever seen! There , I said it! I am so sorry. Still a good deal though!

markus

while the thunderturd and MTD are both fine examples "ugly", I have to say the top dawg award for ugly factory bikes though has to go to......drumrole please..........the Carter shortster :scared:

capguncowboy

while the thunderturd and MTD are both fine examples "ugly", I have to say the top dawg award for ugly factory bikes though has to go to......drumrole please..........the Carter shortster :scared:

That thing isn't too bad. At least its style is for form over function. The MTD was definitely a case of function over form. I was hoping my MTD would grow on me. Nope. It's going up for sale (or parted out). I definitely like the thunderbirds better than the MTD and the Shortster though. Third place?