Marc 1 Vintage Bonanza Build

I may have to replace the tires. They are a little worn. We will be restoring the kidney bean wheels with our secret recipe. They always turn out spectacular !!

Restoring the seat will be the biggest challenge. We have the original fiberglass frame which we will use. The 1300's have a seat design that is different from all the others. They are somewhere between the 1400 & 1500's and the 1200-1000's.

The mouse had to go. I may send my wheels to Dave Miller of DMC to bring them back to the original finish. What I usually do is bead blast, paint with a high heat silver and then clear coat. They turn out great. But these wheels I am working on now are as good as they can be. I think they are worth the extra effort to have Dave put them in his "time machine". Here is a wheel that we have done in the past.

CarPlayLB

Hey Marc,
I am restoring a BC1300 too...if you find the proper jack shaft, please let me know...I'd love to have one that is just like the original. Mine was too chewed up to use, and the one for the front peg bike from OldMiniBikes is too short. I need one like your original with the gear on the outside of the bearing support

cringed a bit when I see you cut yours...but I do understand!

Your bike is looking awesome Marc!!:thumbsup: It should turn out really nice with all the parts that you are having chromed! Please accept CarPlayLB's meager apology,he is a minibike sinner!:laugh:

No need to apologize. I do have another that is not perfect. I will find one or have it made. I have a friend that should be able to make one. If he can I will have him make another and send it to you.

CarPlayLB

No need to apologize. I do have another that is not perfect. I will find one or have it made. I have a friend that should be able to make one. If he can I will have him make another and send it to you.
That would be awesome. Let me know and i will make sure you are taken care of! Thanks again

I was just looking at jack shafts on ebay. Just search 5/8 jackshaft and you can get almost any length. What length do we need for the 1300?

CarPlayLB

The original shaft is 10 5/8 long and has grooves cut for snap rings. I have a 12" shaft coming that I will try to duplicate by putting it in the drill press and try to use a hacksaw to cut the grooves...nothing ventured, nothing gained!

That may be what we need to do. The snap ring grooves are a must to look authentic. My friend is a machinist should be able to duplicate the grooves. I will let you know how it turns out.

I do have an original that I can use for a template. Did you enter the build off? I missed it last year with my 1500 show Bonanza.

CarPlayLB

no build off this year...I am actually doing 3 bikes right now...the Bonanza BC1300, a RUPP TT500, and a Powell. If I keep up this pace, I will be eatin' Top Ramen before Easter! I like 'em nice and clean!

Picked up the frame and most of the engine parts I wanted media blasted. It only took them 30 minutes so they only charged me the $40.00 minimum. Sweet! Now off to my painter who will base/clear the frame in the correct blue and base clear the engine in a slightly brighter than off white. Should turn out amazing. Paul will turn this frame into super show quality!

CarPlayLB

Hey Marc...frame looks to be in great shape

I, like you, will have a need for the rivets that hold the name badge to front fork plate...ya got any leads on correct looking rivets? We may have to bum rush GuardRailDave and see what he uses!