Marc 1 Vintage Bonanza Build

Since this bonanza went for under 400.00 in 1969, the chrome bill will be 3
times that!. Good news though, I may anodize most of the little pieces which will reduce some of the cost. I was inspired by Bill of slywilliez, who sent me this awesome restored kickstand that I needed. compared to my old one it looks,well , you decide! yes it was anodized.

Last edited:
im not a fan of chrome... but if the anodizing is much less expensive, i would do that instead.... i think it looks "clean"... but i would have to choose either all anodizing or all chrome... not mix it up, but that just my humble opinion

I am leaning towards Chroming the obvious, fenders,forks,shocks,lights,chain guard and the anodizing the rest. That is how Bonanza did it. I think you are right, to much chrome is just that, to much chrome!

I also received this seat today from the guy on ebay. Very impressed with this seat. Thanks to Bill of slywilliez whom set me straight on the correct seat for the 1300's. Bill is a great resource for all Bonanza enthusiasts. I appointed him chairman of my consulting team! :thumbsup:

I am leaning towards Chroming the obvious, fenders,forks,shocks,lights,chain guard and the anodizing the rest. That is how Bonanza did it. I think you are right, to much chrome is just that, to much chrome!
seat looks great... and i think the above is the way to go...

This is what i would do with the bike. Can wait see some updated pics.

Nice progress! That kickstand is a major upgrade. :thumbsup:

...just for the record, the process on that kickstand is not anodize but zinc plating. Regardless, it looks dynamite! :wink:

fistfullabar

nah no such thing as too much when in doubt chrome it out:thumbsup:i like the fact that the chrome comes out much better then factory i feel the pain in the pocket thou and was so happy when the chromer told me 4 weeks instead of 3 "whew" gives me more time to scramble up some $$$$$$$$$$:doah:

nah no such thing as too much when in doubt chrome it out:thumbsup:i like the fact that the chrome comes out much better then factory i feel the pain in the pocket thou and was so happy when the chromer told me 4 weeks instead of 3 "whew" gives me more time to scramble up some $$$$$$$$$$:doah:
I am taking a trip to the chrome shop today. I might skip lunch this month .:crying: