Medford 2012 Vintage Go Karts

Great pictures BAB, lots of nice karts, I see the SAAPE pit bike made it to the event. :thumbsup:
Thanks Clayton :thumbsup:

Yes, she made it but felt a little intimidated by the presence of all the 4 wheel sharks!!:laugh:
Though I must say I was very proud that she held her own while being surrounded by so many beautifully restored Karts

Last edited:
Coo photos!! :thumbsup: I've been thinking about a Cat 250 with a West Bend. Anyone know how well they work?

Last time I was at Medford was an airshow. I went as USMC aircrew on one of our 130's. Nice town.

Coo photos!! :thumbsup: I've been thinking about a Cat 250 with a West Bend. Anyone know how well they work?

Last time I was at Medford was an airshow. I went as USMC aircrew on one of our 130's. Nice town.
Thanks HD
Folks are doing some awesome stuff with Cat mini bikes.. Check out some of the cool Cats that were present at Funday 3
In my opinion a WestBend looks good in just about any mini bike..
Keep us posted

YOOPERRACER :thumbsup:

Well Jeff I do take up my share of area just hanging out and watching all the go fast Karts. Was a great turn out and the heavy hitters from Hillsbouro, Oregon did a nice showing with 6 karts and a Flexo Mini Bike.
Steve :scooter:

Thanks for putting up a few photos Don... It was great to see you and your family at the event. Having Steve there was wonderful..he really seemed to enjoy himself. Saw a couple other OldMiniBikes'ers there too....Karterman, Frank Davis, and a couple of "lurkers"

I just got home this evening from Medford. I didn't take any pics.....but my daughter took quite a few photos of the karts that were there. I will post some in the next few days along with some links to videos.

I have to brag a little now.... It appears that my 17 year old daughter has a natural knack for this vintage kart driving. We started her last year, so this was her third event and she just keeps getting faster and faster. Shes drives a Rupp with twin Mc6's(about 8hp ea.). This weekend she decided she wanted to enter the heat race with the other twin engine karts. Alot of the twins have 101's(about 15 hp ea.) on them. We told her she could as long as she started at back since these guys really drive hard. So she started at the back and ended up in 2nd place !!! Each of the guys that were in that race later came up to her and told her what a great job she did. I'm very proud of her ability to get these karts around the track...she drives exceptionally smooth. Next year we will be giving her more horsepower..:thumbsup:

Mark
Thats awesome!!
I also heard there was a 6 time national champion there that took her under his wing and gave her a few tips?
I remember seeing her drive last year and how much she reminded me of Danica Patrick.
Your daughters a natural you should be extreamly proud and with that extra HP next year she's going to unstoppable!!

Here are a couple of pictures that Heidi took when they had the karts lined up for the "show". She basically stood in the middle and took a picture in each direction. Not all the karts at the event were in the show.

Great meet, good people, awesome karts....best turnout I've seen in Medford in the years I've attended....Your daughter Heidi did a wonderfull job on the track.... Steve, you should be proud....I took 68 photos while I was there, maybe I'll post a few too!....Frank Davis

Was good to see you there Frank. It was the biggest turnout that I have seen as well !!!

It would be great if you could put up some of the pics that you took:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I saw you there Don, but you were moving pretty fast from tent to tent!.....I'l catch up with you next time....here is a classic photo of Terry Ives in that electric 3-wheeler just getting ready to enter the course.....I'll post more pics later when it's not so late!

Thanks for the pics Frank !!!

I really liked Steve's Apache with the twin Mc6's. He and Heidi hit the track a few times....quite a little rivalry they had going, all in good fun of course !!