mrpat's - Bonanza BC1400 - (Vintage Class)

It's been really cold outside which makes it difficult to work on the bike. I figured the next couple of weeks I can start working on collecting material for the front fork assembly (which I don't have).

Cheezy1 was generous enough to loan me one of his bikes so I can make a repop set of forks.

I had some extra time this morning to plasma cut a fork plate.
That's awesome..Great job.:thumbsup:

It's been really cold outside which makes it difficult to work on the bike. I figured the next couple of weeks I can start working on collecting material for the front fork assembly (which I don't have).

Cheezy1 was generous enough to loan me one of his bikes so I can make a repop set of forks.

I had some extra time this morning to plasma cut a fork plate.
Very nice piece right there Pat....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice piece right there Pat....[emoji106][emoji106]
Thanks Eric. It's about 1/16" too heavy on the inside bends. I have make another one and correct the bend. It'll be ok though as I still need to still pick up the 1" od x .083" wall tubing from Speedy Metals (which is conveniently right down the street)

I've been keeping my eyes open for the headlight mounting bracket that bolts to the front of the fork plate on this bike. I know what it is, just couldn't locate one so I decided to make one instead.

I found some 1" square steel and cut it to a size that will work with the headlight assembly that I have. Drilled and tapped the rear and drilled across to mount it to the headlight. I needed to make the front rounded like the original so I used the tapped end and put a bolt with the head cut off and chucked it up in the drill press. I next used a flap disk with the drill running to get that nice even radius.

Next is to zinc plate the thing and problem solved!

buckeye

I've been keeping my eyes open for the headlight mounting bracket that bolts to the front of the fork plate on this bike. I know what it is, just couldn't locate one so I decided to make one instead.

I found some 1" square steel and cut it to a size that will work with the headlight assembly that I have. Drilled and tapped the rear and drilled across to mount it to the headlight. I needed to make the front rounded like the original so I used the tapped end and put a bolt with the head cut off and chucked it up in the drill press. I next used a flap disk with the drill running to get that nice even radius.

Next is to zinc plate the thing and problem solved!

Now that's how,you do it.

Nice job on the headlight mount! I too have been going through quite a few of those 20 pound propane tanks trying to stay warm. Got to love Michigan winters……Not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Jerry. 13 bucks each to get them refilled or 21 for the exchange. It adds up fast!

Wish I had known you needed one, I have one some where that I'll never use :doah: The one you made look great Pat :thumbsup:

Wish I had known you needed one, I have one some where that I'll never use :doah: The one you made look great Pat [emoji106]
Thanks Randy for the compliment. Had I known you had one, I could have saved me a lot of time. Lol