mrpat's - Bonanza BC1400 - (Vintage Class)

Here's a pic of what I am dealing with at the moment. Some tweaked fenders... a pair of 'em! Rear fender has some holes in it from a mud flap that was on it. I'm going to clean them up and really see what I'm dealing with. I can get the tweaks out.

Last edited:
Ok, after over an hour of working with the rouge, I got the rear fender shiny. I'm going to put the fenders away for a few weeks and look at them again and see what I think. They aren't perfect, but then again this is an old bike too.

Last edited:
Bought a couple old school switches from Amazon and a chrome headlight from ebay. Drilled a couple 1/2" holes and mounted the switches. Nice and shiny too!

Those fenders came out great Pat. Nice job of cleaning and dollying up the dimples. Clean job on the switches as well. You're a skillful dude! [emoji106]
Dave,
The fender on the right turned out real nice for being as old as it is. The problem with the left fender is that someone painted it and before they did, they scuffed the surface pretty good. It looks ok, but obviously not great

Ok, after over an hour of working with the rouge, I got the rear fender shiny. I'm going to put the fenders away for a few weeks and look at them again and see what I think. They aren't perfect, but then again this is an old bike too.
Bought a couple old school switches from Amazon and a chrome headlight from ebay. Drilled a couple 1/2" holes and mounted the switches. Nice and shiny too!
Wowwww that fender turned out nice ! :thumbsup: and I really like that switched headlight , this bike is going to be a nice one !

It's been really cold outside which makes it difficult to work on the bike. I figured the next couple of weeks I can start working on collecting material for the front fork assembly (which I don't have).

Cheezy1 was generous enough to loan me one of his bikes so I can make a repop set of forks.

I had some extra time this morning to plasma cut a fork plate.