My Bonanza I picked up off craigslist.

I found this Bonanza this weekend on our local craigslist. Its a pretty clean Bonanza for its age. Its not all beat up and runs. It even has a Hooker header on it, Sounds good. I will go through it and check the bearings and stuff like that, I think the swing arm might need some bushing replace there's some movement in the rear end and fork neck, If I remember correctly I think Bonanza used bronze bushing. I now there is grease zerts in both spots. This is the first one I had, they are nice size minibikes, I will freshen it up with a new seat from Kenny and paint the engine and ride it this summer until I can get to repainting it.
Here's some pictures.

I found this Bonanza this weekend on our local craigslist. Its a pretty clean Bonanza for its age. Its not all beat up and runs. It even has a Hooker header on it, Sounds good. I will go through it and check the bearings and stuff like that, I think the swing arm might need some bushing replace there's some movement in the rear end and fork neck, If I remember correctly I think Bonanza used bronze bushing. I now there is grease zerts in both spots. This is the first one I had, they are nice size minibikes, I will freshen it up with a new seat from Kenny and paint the engine and ride it this summer until I can get to repainting it.
Here's some pictures.

I like it minibikedude, I think it's the same model I have, 67 1300 ? it sure is cool, what did you have pay for that bad boy?

225, I thought it was inline for the condition it was in, I gave him his asking price. He was nice enough to hold the bike until I could look at it and pick it up. There so many of these seller who will sell it right out from under you before you even get a chance to drive there to look at it.

225, I thought it was inline for the condition it was in, I gave him his asking price. He was nice enough to hold the bike until I could look at it and pick it up. There so many of these seller who will sell it right out from under you before you even get a chance to drive there to look at it.
I would have paid that for it too, sometimes you gotta cough up a penny or two to get what you like. The 50.00 deals we get from time to time make up the difference. Have fun with it

I would have paid that for it too, sometimes you gotta cough up a penny or two to get what you like. The 50.00 deals we get from time to time make up the difference. Have fun with it
here's mine, I bought it from Edwin on this site.. This was my 1st mini bike, didn't get one til I was 47... ha ha

Nice bike. I didn't have one when i was a kid now i got a bunch of them at 40
It's still a good price in this part of the world for a complete runner with the chain guard still with it, You do not find a lot of Bonanza in Ohio, there a little easier to find than Taco's here but still few and far between, I wonder if they marketed there stuff better back in the day.

Nice bike. I didn't have one when i was a kid now i got a bunch of them at 40
It's still a good price in this part of the world for a complete runner with the chain guard still with it, You do not find a lot of Bonanza in Ohio, there a little easier to find than Taco's here but still few and far between, I wonder if they marketed there stuff better back in the day.
We see Tacos from time to time, I hope to be in the right place at the right time when a "Frijole" come available. Good talking with you.:thumbsup:

Here's some pictures.

Nice ! :thumbsup:

MiniBike Paul

Here's mine! The Evilone had a little to do with it, he likes these Bonanzas!!

Since this picture I bought the correct chain gaurd, now i have to get it chromed; I'm trying to get a second on my house to pay for the chrome! For those really looking close, I also finally found a white cable housing for the brake cable!

Last edited:
That's a nice Bonanza you have Paul. Is that the style two speed they used on the Bonanzas, I was wondering if a Comet two speed would work on it. It has different places for the motor to mount.

Also does any one know the correct color LT. blue Bonanzas were painted in.

:thefinger:
Paul too pretty for me I like to ride them. Nothing is for show all for go.
Get off Pauls ass George!!! He rides it around the livingroom on the carpeted floor!:laugh:

Paul, that thing is sweet my friend. You don't cover it up with a blanket at night do you? LOL:

Mac

Finally get to see one of those two-speed manual shift jackshafts mounted on a Bonanza.
If I had six Bonanza's I could set them all up that way.

I've heard Nassau Blue as well. But I think your right KD....it's a Corvette color and I think it only dates back to '66. So......I wonder what color the pre-'66 Bonanzas were??? Or was Nassau Blue just someone's best guess at some time?