My Cop encounter!!

C9H13NO3

Well, it finally happened.

My warrior drew too MUCH attention :facepalm:

I was riding around where I live, going around my property, up and down my street, and over to the local football field (~.13 miles away- I can see it from my house).

I had been doing this for awhile now, and being that 1 of the 2 intersections you go through to get through my house is closed, I hadn't encountered another soul yet, besides a few squirrels and some birds.

I was riding down my street, and I decided to go left off of my street, instead of right, which I hadn't done for awhile.

I got to the closed intersection (~.5 miles away) and decided to head back to my house to fuel up and tighten the retaining bolt on my TAV. Well, I saw a car coming my way (mind you I was on the sidewalk) and I thought nothing of it, since it was still 1/2 mile away and in that 1/2 mile there are 2 other neighborhoods, so I thought the car was going to pull into one of those other neighborhoods.

I rode past the car, and IMMEDIATELY saw it... :doah: It was an undercover cop car :doah:

I was going to just act like I didn't see him, but... that didn't exactly work
:laugh:

He saw me, stepped on his brakes and turned around REALLY fast. :eek:hmy:

I, doing the logical thing (at least what I believed to be logical at the moment) Gunned my flatty...

You never realize how hard it is to get down from a wheelie until you need to, around a turn... uphill. :laugh:

Well, I got down from the wheelie after letting off the throttle, with the cop car trailing behind me, lights on, siren on. I get past my street before the cop could see me turn into the football field entrance, which is connected to another, rather large neighborhood, full of blind turns, bushes, and hills.

I get to the entrance of the neighborhood, and here is the real leg-slapper.. there is a GATE on the entrance :censure:

So, I either had to cut through the football field, through a siltation pond, into the neighborhood or go back the way I came, past the cop.

I decided to do the siltation pond route, which was definitely the better route to take, since the cop was getting pretty close.

I went through the siltation pond no problem, the nice fat tires on my warrior combined with the torque of the TAV ripped through the mud with no problem at all :biggrin:

Got into the neighborhood no problemo, just remembered the 5 steps of dodgeball.. dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge...err I mean running from the cops :laugh:

I got through the neighborhood rather quickly, I've run through there too many times to count, took the short route and lost the cop at the gate.

I got to the back exit, ~3miles from my house, and who was there?

The cop. Just waiting there!

Well, I just gunned it back to my street, it's a straight shot and mostly sidewalk, so I thought I was in the clear.

Well, much to my dismay, I was running out of gas, and my TAV was acting up :scared:

I just kept on the throttle, got ~1 mile from my house when I started hearing (and feeling) my engine sputtering and screaming for gas... now I was really scared :eek:

I got 1/4 from my house when I decided to go for broke and just hit the gas as hard as I could, at which point I was probably running on fumes, as it sure felt like it.

The cop was at the bottom of the hill, while I was more towards the top of the hill, at this point I could see my house and open garage. I got up to my street, which isn't too long, but is a stretch for sure. I didn't see the cop, and he couldn't see me so I just held on the gas and went flying to my driveway, into my garage, where I hit the brakes (a little to hard, locked up the rear wheel) and slammed into my Arc welder and cabinets near it.

Put a small dent in the welder, and a tiny crack in the cabinet.

I closed the garage by hand (the electric door opener is really slow) and ran as fast as I could to my basement where I threw the main breaker to kill all the power and turn off all the lights in my house, since then he wouldn't know what house I went in to :cool:

I then locked the back door, took my phone and wallet and ran to my neighbors house closer to the street, where I watched him drive up and down the street I live off of for a good 15 minutes until he gave up.

I went back to my house, turned the power on, and began to post this thread.

And that, my fellow minibikers, is how I escaped the fuzz.

:biggrin:

C9H13NO3

:evil_laughter: You better keep the minibike out of sight for a while, Hes not gonna forget about this. :laugh:
Yeah, I have to fix the TAV which might take awhile since I need to weld material and file it down to get the outer spinning part of the TAV to fit nicely on the inner part that it resides on.

Oh, and I know. The way he turned around did not say "I want to take a look at your minibike and then pat you on the back for creating such a finely tuned and well balanced machine"

Neck

Growing up is optional
Stuff like that is a Felony in California! And if the Cop hurt somebody trying to apprehend you, you'd be looking at Hard Time! And if I were you I would be putting the bike in the backyard for quite a while, because like it was said before, They will be back!

Paint it pink, and find yourself a nice funky riding hat. If you live long enough to have grandchildren, you have a good story to tell them. :thumbsup::laugh:

lol dude thats awesome! good thing for me is where i live, the cops dont care! lol i kinda live in a rental cabin area in sevierville (vaction spot) and im one of the few who live there, but if a cop sees my they dont care lol ive even had one stop me and ask to race lol.

C9H13NO3

Stuff like that is a Felony in California! And if the Cop hurt somebody trying to apprehend you, you'd be looking at Hard Time! And if I were you I would be putting the bike in the backyard for quite a while, because like it was said before, They will be back!
Yeah, I'm planning on hanging it up for awhile. I have to rebuild the flatty (needs honing/boring) so I'll just pull the engine, drain the tank, and put the bike under the house.

The last thing I want on my record is a charge for fleeing the police.

Paint it pink, and find yourself a nice funky riding hat. If you live long enough to have grandchildren, you have a good story to tell them. :thumbsup::laugh:
:laugh: thats great but I've had enough with the cops for now

lol dude thats awesome! good thing for me is where i live, the cops dont care! lol i kinda live in a rental cabin area in sevierville (vaction spot) and im one of the few who live there, but if a cop sees my they dont care lol ive even had one stop me and ask to race lol.
It was pretty epic, but I'm definitely done for awhile. This is the closest I've come, and I didn't like it in the least.

There is only 2 windows that will let you see into my shop, so hopefully they don't come creeping around tomorrow while I'm working and wait for me to open up the shop :eek:

I doubt it though.

yep.

you're extremely lucky the cop didn't see where you pulled in. while you may think it's funny, i can guarantee the cop didn't. i wouldn't plan on riding anywhere around there for a very long time.

yep.

you're extremely lucky the cop didn't see where you pulled in. while you may think it's funny, i can guarantee the cop didn't. i wouldn't plan on riding anywhere around there for a very long time.
I don't find it funny, I only find the whole ordeal mildly humorous. I'm not going to be riding there anytime soon.

Wow man cutting it very close. It was a rush though wasn't it!! I've had a few of those times and it was just a plain scarry/fun/crappedinmypants rush!!!:laugh: Except I was riding a two stroke that is probably 5 times louder than your flatty.

Wow man cutting it very close. It was a rush though wasn't it!! I've had a few of those times and it was just a plain scarry/fun/crappedinmypants rush!!!:laugh: Except I was riding a two stroke that is probably 5 times louder than your flatty.
Hell, I damn near ruined my shorts when I saw him turn around!

It was fight or flight, and well... you know which one I chose.

And even if I chose to fight... I'm 135lbs 5'7" ... my ass would have been firmly KICKED :laugh:

so what was the point of running? what was the law you where braking? Evading police is a crime in itself bro, the most you was looking at before was a warning or at worst a traffic ticket.

Around here, you can ride around a bit as long as you don't impede traffic. Or drive all crazy. but this is Idaho and you can get away with a lot more then other places. But seriously, why do cops have to mess with you,, its not like you are hurting anyone.....:no::rolleyes::shrug:

When it comes to the cops and the public, in the last few decades they have become little more then organized extortionists, making up ridiculous laws knowing that you will break them as who in the heck can obey all these unjust restrictions and laws and live a truly free life. They do this just to have you pay them $. I guess they don't get enough from our taxes??

K-Man

Last edited:
can you get the warrior registered?

once i was with my friend riding this little 2 stroke bike we built, i was chasing him on my pedal bike but couldnt keep up.... and a cop passed me, i was like OH **** called my friend, i was like HIDE!!! but it was too late, he was already pulled over, theres no way he could get away, with a road bike in winter. the cop said no more riding but he let us go with a warning. he said someone called with a noise complaint, "peace disturbance"

i havent been allowed to ride anything on the street for half a year.

and my warrior, after riding in the tiny backyard for a half hour, has killed all the grass, and now im not allowed to ride there either....

basically at this point i have not one place to ride, at all, exept for my 10 foot long driveway. :shrug:

delray

just like the guys where saying. you can skip the rest of the summer riding.
he will be looking for you and when he finds you? he will slam the book on you.
and you know the funny things is? you won't tell us when you get busted.....:laugh:

Motra

I've ridden by cops several times around here and they don't seem to mind a bit. The only time I did get pulled over was when I was riding on the sidewalk past an elementary school at like 27 MPH (clocked). He just told me to stay off the sidewalks, stick to the neighborhood roads and don't speed, I said OK and away I rode.

oh and i almost forgot, once i was going on a long adventure with a electric dirt bike i stuck a pocket bike engine into, and i was going top speed, engine at a complete redline, (7,000 or so RPM) and i saw a car going the other way, a black crown victoria.

undercover cop! as i got closer i saw that he had lights.

i FREAKED and let go of the throttle. i started peddling. like a bike. he noticed me and he saw that i noticed him.

passed him, he didnt turn around.

PHEW :thumbsup:

then i went back to redlining the engine until i got back.

Unfortunately if that cop pulls over another mini biker they will pay for your knucklehead move. If you would have stopped when the cop hit the brakes, you would have gotten a speech, most likely about wearing a helmet. Man up, quit making mini bikers look bad.:censure: