My HF 6.5hp Clone does 21mph with 7.2 : 1 ratio is this too slow?

Is the governor still connected? how tall is the back tire? You can probably go lower. maybe 6 or 5.5:1. Is the motor revving up or feel bogged down?

Motra

Wow, that's a Kawasaki Coyote! Could you just remove the jackshaft and run the drive chain from engine to rear wheel? That way you'd get rid of a lot of gear reduction.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
ok, i though that the magic # is 7 to 1. i'm trying to save money here, one of my stock sprocket from the jack shaft is a 15 tooth. i'm going to swap it to make it 5:1 ratio
If someone told you what to run and your not happy. Hey it's your own fault, to get more speed you need something like 6.0 ratio. But it all depends on how fast you want to go. I use to run a 6.0 ratio with only a 5.5hp clone at 30 mph and I'm 250 lbs.

ok, i though that the magic # is 7 to 1. i'm trying to save money here, one of my stock sprocket from the jack shaft is a 15 tooth. i'm going to swap it to make it 5:1 ratio
doing the same here except moving down from 6:1 it'll be a few days till then if u get ur's runnin before let us know how it went.

ok, my bike goes up to 30mph now. with 5:1 ratio. i'm pretty happy with it now. i don't want to go any fastest, just to be safe, i have no health insurance. yesterday i got a warning from a police for riding it on a big park. lol

Wow, that's a Kawasaki Coyote! Could you just remove the jackshaft and run the drive chain from engine to rear wheel? That way you'd get rid of a lot of gear reduction.
i did that, and the chain keep popping off. Yeah this is a Kawasaki Coyote. i bought it for $80 without the engine. is this a good deal?