New Pics for Big Bear Scrambler

As a new member, I just posted 2 pics of my late '60s Big Bear Scrambler within the Flexo subdirectory for the MiniBike folder. I'll clean it up a bit better and repost sometime soon.

Just a few miles away from where they were sold,
and I can't find any laying around in a backyard.
I hear ya Mac...
Not many survived mine came from down in your neck of the woods well at least the frame and forks did...
Mac
If you happen to dig one up or even some old parts please include me on your mailing list:thumbsup:
BIG THANKS TO Edwin!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks. Yours certainly has some similarities to mine. I have the Flexo catalog lying around somewhere and will scan and post it so that the models of that time will be available to everyone.

CC 51

A local Kart shop closed down a few months ago and I ended up with a lot of Flexo Parts lists and sales flyers. When I get time I will scan and post"em.
Good idea BAB!

When I had my mini bike store I worked down the street from Flexo in Century City and I went there on average twice a week for 3 years picking up parts for my store. I think during all my visits I never went into the back shop more than 10 times. It was surprising how small they were then in the early 1970's.
Most of the time it was just 4 people total working there. The two brothers Jack & Irv Levi were the owners and Carlos did most of the assembly and welding and one other worker that did most of the delivery and pick up. A lot of their trade was from magazine orders and they had the shipping down to a manageable task.
They always were up for a good story, and could answer any questions as they had been in the business for so long.
Steve :scooter:

Smallbore

When I had my mini bike store I worked down the street from Flexo in Century City and I went there on average twice a week for 3 years picking up parts for my store. I think during all my visits I never went into the back shop more than 10 times. It was surprising how small they were then in the early 1970's.
Most of the time it was just 4 people total working there. The two brothers Jack & Irv Levi were the owners and Carlos did most of the assembly and welding and one other worker that did most of the delivery and pick up. A lot of their trade was from magazine orders and they had the shipping down to a manageable task.
They always were up for a good story, and could answer any questions as they had been in the business for so long.
Steve, are you sure Century City ? They were on Venice Blvd just east of the 10 (Santa Monica ) Freeway Overpass. West of the freeway was Culver city, and east of it was Los Angeles. I lived less than 5 minutes away from the shop back then.

Motra

Steve, are you sure Century City ? They were on Venice Blvd just east of the 10 (Santa Monica ) Freeway Overpass. West of the freeway was Culver city, and east of it was Los Angeles. I lived less than 5 minutes away from the shop back then.
I'm not sure Steve'll be able to read your micro sized type.

Just kidding, Steve!

I am not lost

I worked in a High Rise building at 1888 Century Park East as a maintenance engineer. I know just where the were on Venice Blvd. I was born in South Gate and raised in Wilmington and know the old Los Angeles like the back of my hand. I probably get a bit lost today. Last time I went through LA was in 1995 on the way back home from the Baja 1000