New to me Baja Warrior - need rear wheel spacers

Hi there!

I picked up a Baja Warrior on CL a couple weeks back which needed a chain, rear tire. Upon further inspection, the rear wheel spacers were also missing. Does anyone know where I can purchase a set, or have dimensions of the spacers so I can have a set made up?

I appreciate the responses in advance!

im not sure on the spacers part,i Can give you measurements in the morning,when its light out,before work,
but i would like to offer some advice as ive just bought one for my son.

theres a factory flaw with the Routing of the accelerator cable,its forcing the cable to make too many sharp turns past the gas tank and the adjuster and this will wear the cable and also make it bind.
we ended up using a piece off a set of V brakes off a mountain bike,the Curved aluminum tube piece.
put that Right into the adjuster on the motor itself,retighten the cable to best response and youll see the difference immediately.
this ensures Smooth travel of the throttle,which the factory design does Not.
also,be Extremely careful pulling the plug<< wire off,as its a pos plastic design that Will pull the insert right out.
i had to fix that as well.
ill measure those spacers tomm,and did you find a place to buy new rear wheels for the warrior??
i need one for a project...

Thanks guys. I did check OldMiniBikes but the right side shows out of stock. Ludicrous, I ordered an ATV tire off eBay for about $40. Its a 4 ply tire, and the right size/tread so I went for it. Let you know how it works out once it's received.

are you going to keep it stock? if it's for you to ride, and you're heavy, might consider using a TAV. better low end torque and top end speed.

I figured that is what I'd do, however the drive side of the wheel will need to be spaced appropriately to ensure alignment is correct with the drive sprocket on the engine. There should be more flexibility on the other side from what I have seen.

im kinda baffled atm Big...
my warrior has No spacers between the wheel and frame on rear axle,its a solid one piece.
in other words,the Entire rim is that wide./frame width.

however,because you might have a Diff year version with a diff wheel diameter,i measured the Distance from the Center of the rim Output to the outer/inside frame mounts.
from Behind
/pass side is 1 3/4ths inch.
\drives side is 1 1/2 inch
so,supposing whatever you have for a wheel,id say make two 1 1/2 spacers,Check it,you should be a bit short on the pass side,and then make a single 1 3/4 inch spacer on the Pass side to align it.

when you are done,no matter Which wheel you have,there Should be?? a difference of Only 1/4 inch Longer on the pass side spacer.
i think? thats the true measurement you needed.
hope this helps.
also,when i scoped those links they posted,the measurements are there,but in metric.
just a headsup there.

Last edited:
Ludicrous, can you take a pic of the rear tire and axle for me. The prior owner who disassembled this was adamant that all the parts were there, but no spacers. It may be that this model also does not have them. Seems like a lot of space to fill on either side however. I appreciate it if you could send a pic or two.

thats Not 1 1/2 nor is it 2" either.
look much closer,grasshopper...:1orglaugh:
its Metric and i took 2 pictures of each,so you could make Sure you get the right Size.....:scooter:
you can Buy those spacers in that size you mention,but you Will be grinding some off....