Nitrous people please step inside.

Won't comment on N2O tuning...but have been thinking about adding a wet shot to my bike. As mentioned a few pages back, how about just running a pressurized fuel tank. You only need ~5psi, and could use pressure for fine adjustments on the tuneup. So little fuel would be used during a pass I would imagine the pressure drop would be negligible. a schrader valve and bike pump would be all you need.

Now to see how small a jet I have in my assortment...

my current smallest is 14...that might be a bit much for a basic small block. Dynotune has 10, or I could try drilling some blanks out.
I'm to a .016 on a dry shot. That's a solid amount of nitrous... Enough to where it might not be inhaling all of it. I need to put an air filter on it to see if it picks up. If it does that means it's not inhaling all of the nitrous immediately.

Start out with the small ones you have and just drill bigger as you go.

I'm not going to bother with a dry kit...

I'm not sure if I will retard spark across the board, or just run good fuel and a colder plug. Luckily I have an assortment of plugs left over from my smallblock Mopar.

Just watched some of your vids...Nice! looks like a handful, should be better stretched a bit.

Looks like you guys are running a pretty short distance, most of the guys around here run 1/8 mile.

Just watched some of your vids...Nice! looks like a handful, should be better stretched a bit.

Looks like you guys are running a pretty short distance, most of the guys around here run 1/8 mile.
We only race 330 around here just because it's harder to find a place to send them. I went down on the sprocket 6 teeth in the back so I can mph more in the 330 hopefully on more nitrous yet still be able to run close to 660'

Can you snap some pictures of your nitrous setup. I know zero about this but have been reading a little bit on it. I watched a video where a guy plummed his barb into the end of his air filter and had a button to hit. He used the small cartridges you would use for a paint ball gun. It was red beard on YouTube. Unsure how reliable that setup is. Just seems like a cool topic.

Can you snap some pictures of your nitrous setup. I know zero about this but have been reading a little bit on it. I watched a video where a guy plummed his barb into the end of his air filter and had a button to hit. He used the small cartridges you would use for a paint ball gun. It was red beard on YouTube. Unsure how reliable that setup is. Just seems like a cool topic.
He irks me.

Yea those little kits are cute... I could do a walk around video and post it later on today possibly. I use a 2lb bottle and spray a dry shot into my carb. On nitrous you must jet the carb up richer to make up for the extra oxygen you are getting on the sauce.

If you do a wet shot, you don't have to spray it "through" the carb... It can be sprayed directly into the intake runner.

He irks me.

Yea those little kits are cute... I could do a walk around video and post it later on today possibly. I use a 2lb bottle and spray a dry shot into my carb. On nitrous you must jet the carb up richer to make up for the extra oxygen you are getting on the sauce.

If you do a wet shot, you don't have to spray it "through" the carb... It can be sprayed directly into the intake runner.
Gotcha, you are using a jet that increases fuel for the amount of time you are on the nitrous to match the extra oxygen from the nitrous, and your struggle is getting your bike to run correctly when its not on nitrous, because it has the same jet and is over fueling under normal riding conditions?

Sounds like maybe going through the intake runner on a "wet" shot would be the way to go :shrug:

Yea those little kits are cute... I could do a walk around video and post it later on today possibly. I use a 2lb bottle and spray a dry shot into my carb.
I have never seen any actual proof of those little dry cartridge shots doing anything.

I have had small kits on a couple street cars, and I'm planning a kit for the minibike over the winter...

I've got the noids and jets, just need a nozzle and a smaller bottle. I am torn between a small 12-20oz bottle vs a 2-4lb bottle. How many hits do you get from a 2lb?

Sounds like maybe going through the intake runner on a "wet" shot would be the way to go :shrug:
the benefit of the wet shot is that the engine stays tuned as it would on motor, then the right tune of N2O and fuel get added on the button.

The difficult part with the wet shot is fuel side plumbing. You need a fuel pump (or otherwise pressurized fuel system) and I'm not sure a pulse pump would be consistent enough. Without lighting coils and a battery, all this becomes a hassle. With this I will also need a 2nd fuel tank, and a fuel solenoid...

I am planning to use an RC car battery (I already have it...), and I will do some testing on a pressurized tank to make sure I can keep ~5psi fuel pressure for the length of a run...

A dry shot is sounding better and better :doah:

Another reason I stayed away from a wet shot was the thought of my carb and intake going flying across the road if it were to fuel puddle from being sprayed too low in the rpm. Meaning the fuel would ignite in the intake runner rather than making it all the way into the cylinder. Even sketchier when the engine and carb are basically under you.

But yea to answer the earlier question, it won't even make a pass on motor with the "nitrous" fuel jets in the carb. I can put it around on the pilot jet but once the main jet kicks in she doesn't know what to do with all the fuel.

the benefit of the wet shot is that the engine stays tuned as it would on motor, then the right tune of N2O and fuel get added on the button.

The difficult part with the wet shot is fuel side plumbing. You need a fuel pump (or otherwise pressurized fuel system) and I'm not sure a pulse pump would be consistent enough. Without lighting coils and a battery, all this becomes a hassle. With this I will also need a 2nd fuel tank, and a fuel solenoid...

I am planning to use an RC car battery (I already have it...), and I will do some testing on a pressurized tank to make sure I can keep ~5psi fuel pressure for the length of a run...

A dry shot is sounding better and better :doah:
Wet shot you will have to worry about fuel psi dropping like you said BUT if you could get it to be consistent and come on at the proper rpm... A wet shot would be cool as could be.

My buddy is building a badass 420 for a motovox and he is doing an AFR gauge on it.

But yea to answer the earlier question, it won't even make a pass on motor with the "nitrous" fuel jets in the carb. I can put it around on the pilot jet but once the main jet kicks in she doesn't know what to do with all the fuel.
Not sure what carb you are running, but a jet change is fairly quick in the grand scheme of things. hmm...the dry shot would be so much simpler...haha