OldMiniBikes Build Off - 2016 - Winners!

Congratulations to the winners of the "OldMiniBikes Build Off - 2016"! You have earned bragging rights for the best builders in your class based on the polling of your peers.

The voting is now closed and here are the results of the polls.

In the "Anything Goes" class, congratulations to jeep2003 for his Vespa Scooter Scratch built bike.

jeep2003 - vespa.jpeg

In the "Under 17" class, congratulations to ethan l for his Manco Trailcat 250 build.
ethan l - manco trailcat 250.jpeg

In the "Vintage " class, congratulations to Docdc for his Heald VT-3 build.
docdc -heald vt-3.jpeg

In the "Vintage Open" class, congratulations to buckeye for his BRRRRUUUUPPPP 1964 Rupp build
buckeye - brrrruuuupppp.jpeg

And finally in the "Just For Fun" class, we had a tie. Congratulations to our 2 winners David wulf for his BC1100 wanna be vintage build
david wulf - bc1100 wanna be.jpeg

and congratulations to heavygs for his Super Bronc VT-8 build

heavy g - super bronc.jpeg

Twid

Congratulations to all the winners! Is this the 3rd or 4th year jeep2003 won? Next year someone needs to break his hands and take his cleats!

I would like to congratulate EVERYONE who participated in this contest.

There is some incredible talent out there and a mighty fine love of minis, as the build offs continue to showcase. Every entrant should be proud of what they achieved this year, even if you didn't get the "winner" status. Heck, you built yourself a bike that you can use and abuse this summer!

Excellent work to all!
Pat

buckeye

Did y'all even look at my thread?:laugh:

Thanks for the votes.
Much appreciated.
And to think, 5 years almost 6, I had never did much but change oil or spark plugs.
It is because of this forum I even had a chance to win, let alone win.
So many great builders around here.
Just simply amazing.
Thanks folks, I'm out..:thumbsup:

Actually we would have had a clear winner instead of a tie if I knew the poll ended at 9am instead of 9pm. But now we will never know who I would have voted for...:wink:

Thanks very much guys once again iv taken a win. This is the third time. First was my tandem rear wheel scratch build, the second was my mini jeep, the third year which was 2 years ago I think i took second with my tank, last year i didnt compete and this year will be the third win. All great builds its certainly hard to chose just one. Maybe I should retire from the build offs now we'll see. Much appreciated

FREAKED OUT!!!! I am amazed that my build even got voted on, let alone tied for 1st. All the builders, and especially the "Under 17" class, made some great rides! Thanks to everyone who moderated, built, commented, and voted. This forum always amazes me on how most of the people get along and support one another, know a few others that don't even come close. Thx again for letting me have a little "Just for Fun"

cheezy1- I hope that vote was going for the BC1100, because it's a lot prettier than mine

Congrats Winners ! :drinkup: Bunch of beautiful machines and some of the worlds best builders. :thumbsup:

Very Proud of my Grandson Ethan...great job buddy !

Last edited:
Congrats to all the winners. And congrats to everyone that participated. Great group of people and it made this pretty simple to run. So for that I say..Thanks everyone. :thumbsup:
PS...You still don't get a ribbon Mr. Wulf:laugh:

All I can say is that I competed in a pool of tremendously talented people. Thank you all for an absolutely fantastic time during the build off. There isn't a bike that doesn't deserve to win. Mrpat and Cheezy, you guys should get the first trophy for sure.

Doc

All I can say is that I competed in a pool of tremendously talented people. Thank you all for an absolutely fantastic time during the build off. There isn't a bike that doesn't deserve to win. Mrpat and Cheezy, you guys should get the first trophy for sure.

Doc
Hey Doc,
I appreciate the kudos, but neither me nor Bill finished our bikes in time. Hehe.

Your bike is beautiful by the way.

Hey Doc,
I appreciate the kudos, but neither me nor Bill finished our bikes in time. Hehe.

Your bike is beautiful by the way.
You and Cheezy managed the unruly crowd of contestants with great alacrity and grace. We're the wild bunch you know :laugh::laugh:

Thank you for the compliment. I wasn't going to take it on the Windber parade because I wasn't sure of an untested bike. I decided at the very last moment to ride it or die trying...Well...the silly thing made it without a problem. I was really really happy with that lolol.

Doc

Congrats to all the winners
It was a great build off and look forward to another next year

I was however a little bit disappointed in the voter turnout with the membership in the thousands but voters less than a hundred