OND's - Bonanza - (Vintage Open)

Ain't nuthin' like showin' the whole shebang...Glad you posted the work to get her to fire and stay running...makes me feel better after the Briggs nightmare!:laugh: Sounds great--Nice little chatter to it.

You gotta build one of my stands to keep the bike in one place.

Thanks delray... I appreciate it .

I have the new springs and cups coming to build the rear shocks with. Probably will build them like the ARCO type rear shocks but shorter...and color matched to the bike.

I also have some decals coming....still not sure if I will use them or not. The Bonanza badge is one that I will use for sure.

Last edited:
Looks fine as wine in the summertime! I'm diggin the Orange crush decal Eric. I think the rear shocks are going to be a great addition to the bike. If you need dimensions on the "bonanza" type of rear shocks like the ones below, let me know.:shrug:
IMG_3585.JPG

I love the color, love the theme! Another great job from OND!
Thanks Dave.................I think :shrug: Is this really Dave ? Havasu Dave ? :confused: Any way......Thanks for the Atta Boy !!!!:laugh:

That orange is great and then with the orange stripe in the seat, beautiful!!!
Looking forward to see how you build the shocks.
Thanks t555 ....:thumbsup: As for the shocks.....I have no Idea yet !:laugh: Probably a lot of :grind::hammer::weld::censure::anon.sml:

Last edited:
Saturday morning and doing something I love to do....work on mini's. I'm hoping to end up with a pair of working vintage mini bike shocks before the day is over. I think that I'm going for the primitive type ARCO shock. Because this bike is lowered the shocks are 10'' and not the normal 12'' shocks.

Started out building a new tubing crimper, some thing a little easier and quicker to use than my older crimper.

1'' dom tubing 16'' long and crimped both ends , I think the smaller piece is 1/2 '' pipe ( sorry I didn't measure) but fits well inside the 1'' tubing....also crimped at the ends its 10'' long.

Cut both tubes in half , ended up with two 8'' pieces and two 5'' pieces.

Got the tubes measured out and spring cups welded on (welded inside the cups ) then measured out the bolt holes for a 10'' center shock.

Cleaned up the ends and screwed them together for this finished shock. Still have to clean, prime and paint them....but I'm calling these shocks done.