One of the best decisions I ever made was getting into this hobby and joining OldMiniBikes!

I dabbled in minis and karts for years and made decent money buying low and selling at a fair price, I never though keeping a few and fixing them up would be so much fun. Joining OldMiniBikes connected me to the heart of this hobby and the multitudes of fine folks associated with both the hobby and OldMiniBikes. I have made some good friends here and established a good reputation for selling minis and parts, I fund my hobby this way although I could afford to go into pocket. Turns out the art of the deal is just as satisfying as scoring another sweet mini to sell or keep as I have many. When I first started here I was depressed having learned I had MS, this hobby lifted me from the depths of my depression and gave me purpose and more importantly something to keep my mind occupied. I have lost count of how many minibikes have passed through here now but the number is high, and while I do not make a fortune I am way ahead and have little to no money in the ones I have decided to keep which is very satisfying. I recently sold five bikes in a four day period plus some nice parts I got very good money for, I have a friend who has several minis and I will be buying many of them so I can keep wheeling and dealing but one is an Endura 10" wheel model with tank but missing the elusive seat and I plan to use it as a daily rider. The rest will be evaluated and parted out or sold whole, I'll be getting five possibly more and a couple have some nice parts on them. I eat drink and sleep minibikes now, it has surpassed my gun and knife hobby by leaps and bounds although I love them too. So thanks to OldMiniBikes and the hobby, without them I am unsure where I'd be today!

Well I never made money with minibikes. Only spent money or lost money:laugh:. That said nothing's more fun than minibikes, I love'em more than all my other stuff; and nothing else has a cool group of people to hang with, that are dedicated to my favorite thing.

buckeye

Andy, I remember when I first joined. You were undear a different alias. You, even depressed and sometimes salty, were always helpful. And welcoming.

I am with you on the decision to rebuild my old mini and thus, finding OldMiniBikes and the absolute great people on here.
I really feel if I needed backup there would be a mini bike caravan to my house.

Just a great forum and even better people.
Thanks for being one of the good guys Andy.

I just started doing this not to long ago and have not met any of you personally (hope to meet some of you though at Windber) but I have made friends with some really awesome people already (Not so mini bike - Karl / Minibikin' - Chad / Jamie1972 - Jamie) and they all have helped me so much with their knowledge and getting parts that I needed. If I have a question about a mini bike it is so nice to know that I can pick up the phone and call one of them and they are more then willing to help me out!
I don't have any mini bikes that I have kept yet, just like you were doing I buy low fix them up and sell them for a profit so I can fund my next mini bike project. (although I do have a Bonanza Mx that I am considering keeping after I restore it). This has really been fun so far and very gratifying to see how I can make something that looks so bad, look so good. I also enjoy when someone buys one of my mini bikes for their kids and watching the kids eyes light up when they see it.

Last edited:

dakota

Very cool story Ace , this hobby is helping me get thru the long cold winter of Wyoming.. brrr ( I have 4 mini bikes ) collecting parts for a 5th..

I'm not into it for the money but nobody loves to "deal" more than me. I enjoy finding stuff and getting to it before anyone else. Even if I have no plans in keeping it.lol. Not to sell and make a profit. As many who know me I will give you something and just say we will work it out later. It's a great hobby.

bandit 40

I have spent way more than I have made thus I'm happy never the less, besides OldMiniBikes offers so much in return and that alone is priceless :hammer: Thanks for sticking around Andy you presents and knowledge hear has been a pleasure.

Great to read about members that are in it for the fun & hobby of it. It's good clean fun. I'm lucky if I break even on some of the parts or bike/karts/trikes I've had...but I don't care . I've been playing with mini bikes since third grade (in the '60's) and some think I'm nuts,but I feel great when someone buys a repaired mini or go kart from me...the look on those kids faces when their Dad says "ok,for that we'll take it". I had one this summer that wanted to put $50 down & make payments on the rest for his son & daughter (it was a 2 seater kart). I could tell he was a hard working stiff without much extra $$,,I said gimme the 50 and it's yours. Two more happy campers.
Ace remember what Wayne Carrinie of Chasing Classic Cars says " it's all about the chase" lol