our entry for 2015 OldMiniBikes Rupp Vintage Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's an update. Got frame,swing arm and triple tree back from sand blast. I was terrifed the whole time the guy might blast off the serial number tag. I taped off a big area around the tag with special tape. Tag is fine. Engine block is ready for rebuild and carb is rebuilt thanks to a few guys here.

Looking good Dave!! Yep kinda scary counting on somebody ya havent used before even when you give specific instructions, get it back and they screwed up anyway!!

thanks I hope this turns out cool. I have it entered in a car show coming in April near Cleveland. Yea it's an indoor show. I was taking the car so I thought why not enter the BW in the bike class. The theme this year is 70's muscle, sounds perfect for the bike. lol

I can not get photos to upload anyone else having trouble? So what's done, all the chrome is back used a new guy here in Ohio looks good. All parts have glass bead blasted and primed. Picked up paint this week using a base coat clear coat. Going to try 4 coats of clear with the first coat 80-20 mix with black, second 90-10 and last 2 coats 100% clear, with wet sanding between coats. Thanks to Eric and everyone else for their help. Hope to have it wrapped up in a couple of weeks.
dave

I was hoping to shoot black this weekend, but gotta go to family funeral ugh....this is the error I get when I try to up load pics:
Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 1

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 0x100 -quality 70 -geometry 0x100 '/home/httpd/html/oldminibikes.com/public_html_main_site_taken_offline_per_Ticket_138846/forum/photopost/data/500/thumbs/1047.JPG' any ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.