Please help Identify & Valuate these Minibikes.

Today found me with a couple of new additions to the herd.

I took several pics to share with you guys, in the hopes that several of these bikes can be identified & perhaps a rough guesstimate of value could be suggested.

This first one I like to call the "Chopped Chopper". :hack::sadcrying4:

Gack, another chopped frame for an engine swap. :doah:

Tplumber? (the chimp?)

Bonanza? Would have been worth some money.

Yep. I'm guessing the original engine was a Tec. I have no clue what possesses people to just hack at the frame like that.

This one here is a bit beefier than most mini's. Check out the drive/brake/jackshaft assembly. The rear wheel looks very interesting also.

Not a clue on the 2nd one but a few guy here would kill for the tires! (for Taco 100's) Are they in good shape?

The chopper can be fixed nice if the side panel comes off ok.

This one I've had for a short while. I'm thinking it's a Fox of some type. It arrived with a couple of 10" spoke wheels, a heavily painted engine that I don't recognize right off the bat. It had a large, black plastic, rectangular fuel tank. Suspended by plumbers strap under what may very well be the homeliest seat ever to be seen on a mini. Unfortunately someone tried to weld a pocket bike type brake disc to the rear wheel hub. :doah:

Another little bit of strangeness is the right side foot peg. :eek:ut:

So... What's the deal with the engine mounting plate being pitched at an angle like that?

I'm kinda diggin' on this one & thought it might make a nice pit bike suspended, morph bike.

Last edited:
I'm thinking these two may be related due to the likeness of the engine mounting plate. I haven't had this one long. The steering neck has very little play in it.

This one I'd like to build with either an AH-47 or a West-Bend 700 2-stroke. Keep it real simple & clean. I will change the brake to a drum or disc though & replace the foot-pegs with something a bit more substantial. Probably be powder coated either black, grey or silver.

Oh... The fenders & the red seat will have to go.

Well... That's the collection of strays for now. I may consider adopting a few out if someone needs a couple. :wink: :scooter:

I'm thinking these two may be related due to the likeness of the engine mounting plate. I haven't had this one long. The steering neck has very little play in it.

This one I'd like to build with either an AH-47 or a West-Bend 700 2-stroke. Keep it real simple & clean. I will change the brake to a drum or disc though & replace the foot-pegs with something a bit more substantial. Probably be powder coated either black, grey or silver.

Cat 300X and Cat 250X

JM : I like the one in the middle of the pack, the one with the belt drive clutch hooked up to a torque converter driven half I see no future for that arrangement. The wheels are nice and the funky band brake set up too.
Steve :scooter:

Oh my, that first one was a Bonanza Mini chopper CR-500 that came with the Hodaka Ace 100 engine because it has the jack shaft and the smaller sprocket. Really should be restored to original glory. I've got a couple Hodakas waiting to mate with a frame... Too bad the front forks have also been messed with. Handle bar section has been bent forward. Want to sell it without the motor or those wrong fenders???

Hey guys, Thanks for the info. I am considering selling a few of these bikes. If you are interested please send me a PM with your contact info.

~JM~