Please recommend a clutch for Hemi using 420 chain

I am replacing my greyhound engine which has a TAV... for a brand new Predator 212 hemi. I just want to throw on a new clutch and continue to use the 420 chain that fits the rear sprocket. I considered using the old torque converter, but I was not sure if the built in key was compatible with the Predator. I am reading that the clutches accepting a 420 chain are 10T. I need some guidance, and links to the appropriate clutch for my Manco 573 (?). Thanks OldMiniBikes.

SAS289

The key way is the same on both greyhound and predator. What is wrong with the greyhound that you would want to swap it out?

The key way is the same on both greyhound and predator. What is wrong with the greyhound that you would want to swap it out?
Thanks for the reply... Can I just knock out the key (factory installed) on the driveshaft? The greyhound, more than anything else, has been a victim of neglect. Last year I pulled it out of storage (shed) and noticed it was giving off a strong varnish odor. We had problems getting the greyhound started, but eventually had it running after changing oil, fuel and a slight carb clean.
The bike just ran horribly. Wheelies at the start, inconsistent top speeds--eventually traveled quite slow. It was difficult to start, in fact, we broke the rope on our last attempt. For $99 the HF engine seemed like an easy, and maybe cheaper solution to our engine woes.

Yes just knock off the factory key, I'm surprised its still on the shaft.
I know! The driveshaft and keyway come with a zip tie around it, as if it will fall off without the tie. So how do I get (knock) it out of there? Seems like you need something bent at a 90 degree to get to that tight space. I don't want to dig up the driveshaft in the process. :confused:

Last edited: