Powell Bro Serial Numbers List

Thank you steve for responding, I have photos I would like to share but I can not figure out how to insert them but I will get them posted as soon as this layman can figure it out!

Mark
coors
Welcome 2 OldMiniBikes
you can upload photos by clicking on the photo button at the top of the page
next to the forum button.. The size of the uploaded photo is critical and you may have to either upsize or downsize each photo.
To post your pictures in a thread can be performed 5 different ways.
Which are found in the photo section just below a selected photo.
1.Linked Thumbnail
2.Linked Medium
3.Medium Image
4.HTML code
5.Direct link:

:thumbsup: I'd say it was your lucky day :thumbsup:
I'm glad you got it a friend told me all about it..:lol:
Will add yours to the list for Alan Powell to ID.
Again Congrats your gonna love the ride!!

james c

i love the copper color motor being original. that is really cool.
i had a copper motor and orange frame 36 years ago.
super duper special bike

Powell Bros

Hey james C ... I see we have the same bike ... Before I picked mine up I had been admiring yours :thumbsup: ... These are really cool bikes :biggrin:

This appears to me to be mostly original. I have the belt quard, just not in the pics. The tires are original I think and aren't cracked. Chrome fairly nice. Throttle, grips, floorboards all there. Straight pipe instead of muffler. Wrong tailight. Seems to have had a brake light. Anybody know anything about that? If it had a headlight then its gone. No teeth missing on the sprocket so thats good. Hasn't run in years. No v belt so maybe thats why they stopped riding it.

george3

When you pull the engine off. You should take some pics. of the shifter , and how it mounts to the engine. Notice the nuts on top of the forks for disassemble, and the seat frame, along with the hight of the seat frame. Is it a SAAPE or a early Powell?

Well, thats the question. Saape or Powell. Don't know. I went back and read the discussions on that. I don't know if that type serial number makes it a Saape or not. There is no decal remaining on the clutch cover so no help there. It has the same type of serial number as on the frame that MAC found. Whatever name was on it, they look like the same bike to me.