Powell mini bike questions

Hello everyone,

I just recently found a Powell mini bike to rebuild with my grandkids. I was wondering if there is a way to find any information about it based on it's serial number. Also I was wondering if anyone makes spare parts for these mini bikes. I can fab the parts as needed but if someone is already making them I would rather support them by purchasing what I need. Things I need are Kickstand, brake shoe liner, belt, seat and tires. Haven't really looked to hard yet for the parts but thought I would ask here first.

Serial # 7123-M

Thanks!

Sam

CarPlayLB

Parts for the Powell's can sometimes be hard to find!

brake shoe liner you can do yourself quite easily. I bought the liner from McMaster-Carr and used the old recipe JB Weld to attach it

Manchester1 should be able to make you a fine seat!

for tires all I did was buy replacement new from OldMiniBikes. The originals are out there, but ya gotta look hard and be patient!

...and do a search here for the Powell serial number thread. A lot of info there! Good luck!

Finally figured out how to post pictures. (sorry old guy on a computer) Wish the grandkids were here right now to show me how to do this computer stuff.

Sam

Last edited:
There is a brake liner , basically a drum brake , yours may not need it ? I have a Phantom as well , it's my next project , great find and best of luck !

Not sure what makes it a Phantom. I'm just learning about the Powell mini bikes. I found this one in the back of a sand blasting and powder coating shop. I brought two other mini bike projects and a go kart that I'm building with the grandkids to be blasted. The owner had this one sitting in the back of the shop, I bought it so that I would have one to build for myself and ride with the grandkids. Had to grind off the welded on back fender. Frames down being powder coated at the moment. Let me know if I need to stop and rethink this build. Don't want to upset any Powell collectors.

Itype2slo

Front brake, seat bracket, enough space for a vw motor definatly a phantom. Look in photo section. Carry on I am sure it will be bitchen:thumbsup: