predator build

trinik7597

this has been done a hundred times :laugh: old style predator was a cl find with all the goodies :thumbsup: but the block was crap
previous owner had drilled out mounting holes real bad and there was over spray all over the block like the bike was painted with the motor on it and no side cover gasket just rtv seal :doah: so i found another one at a yard sale that i am stealing the block from.

stripped down the motor removed gov. plugged holes with 1/4 20's

then removed parts from other block:thumbsup:

even though it's been done 100 times I still enjoy seeing new ones being built so I can get different ideas and learn new info along the way. each build might be similar but we all put are own touches on things so with that being said thanks for sharing.

trinik7597

Looks like alot of goodies there Tim,:thumbsup: should make a great little engine.
no joke eric :laugh: billet wheel,billet rod ,isky cam, true honda head , ss valves , springs retainers and locks,chromolly push rods ,header, intake manifold and 22mm mikuni are all the things it came with but no side cover gasket :laugh::doah: go figure

trinik7597

even though it's been done 100 times I still enjoy seeing new ones being built so I can get different ideas and learn new info along the way. each build might be similar but we all put are own touches on things so with that being said thanks for sharing.
i like watching all the builds too :thumbsup:

I do not know about the previous owner...
We cut down where the bearing sits in the sidecover... This sets the end play of the crank where we want it, and to seal it up we use RTV sealant?

Nice build by the way...

trinik7597

I do not know about the previous owner...
We cut down where the bearing sits in the sidecover... This sets the end play of the crank where we want it, and to seal it up we use RTV sealant?

Nice build by the way...
i think in this case it was just a lack of caring !! put all this money into a motor and then not buy a gasket . must have been dad's money :doah::laugh:

Tim, is this the new drag bike engine ? We need pics of the bike .
no eric this is going on another bike :thumbsup: that has been started but no build log yet . the other bike has had no progress since i stopped posting unfortunately but i am going to move that into a project log real soon :thumbsup:

Cause with your 22 Mikuni you are gunna need a fuel pump....that thing is gunna suck the bowl dry...Even if your tank is higher than the carb...Stock position will starve the carb of gas without a pump....I know from experience

Especially with all those parts you got ....what's another 30 bucks for a Walbro? & some fuel line

Cause with your 22 Mikuni you are gunna need a fuel pump....that thing is gunna suck the bowl dry...Even if your tank is higher than the carb...Stock position will starve the carb of gas without a pump....I know from experience

Especially with all those parts you got ....what's another 30 bucks for a Walbro? & some fuel line
You sure?

The pump can cause more problems than it fixes with overpowering the float needle and overflowing out the vent. If the tank is above carb it will work fine it is meant for a gravity feed. Mikuni makes a smaller needle and seat for use with a pump but the chi mikuni's we use may not use the same seat as a real mikuni.