Repop Trail Horse Brake Bracket Update

The first prototype TH brake brackets are done! I had both LH and RH versions of these made. They will be released for production Tue or Wed, I should have them in 2-3 weeks depending on machine shop schedule.

Once I get the order I will have my final pricing information and figure out what I’m going to sell them for. I will have 2 prices, one here and a higher one on ebay if I have any left over. I will offer them here first because this is the place for mini bike enthusiasts. I greatly appreciate the spirit of preserving the past on OBM, if it wasn’t for OldMiniBikes members I wouldn’t be making these.

To make this part someone here kindly loaned me good original parts to copy. We took measurements by hand and then generated a CAD file for the part. The CAD file is necessary to setup the laser cutter. The parts were then laser cut and then mig welded. Powder coating is also available however these were not powder coated to keep them like the originals.

Now, I’m thinking ahead of what is next. I prefer to make something that can be laser cut and mig welded. I’m looking for something that allot of people need that nobody else is making to help fill a void in the hobby. I prefer something were we can make 50-100pcs of. Please let me know if you have any ideas on what I should make next.

PS I don’t have a final price yet, but I’m sure it will be reasonable enough that it won’t stop anyone who needs them from buying them. I’m not going to make allot of money on these that’s not why I’m doing this….enjoy.

6doggie3

Perfect timing Just the part I've been waiting for ! Now I have to figure if I'm going to use a jackshaft or not?

I suggest to anyone thinking about getting one,that you do. I also suggest getting the correct side ( which would be the left side) to run the jackshaft. If for no other reason than to take up the slack in the chain so it doesn't fall off.

Last edited:

rmm727

I suggest to anyone thinking about getting one,that you do. I also suggest getting the right side to run the jackshaft. If for no other reason than to take up the slack in the chain so it doesn't fall off.
Thanks for the info on which side to get.

Thanks Frankster for making these available.

Thanks for the info on which side to get.

Thanks Frankster for making these available.
I corrected my grammar.. The "right" side is the left side. Meaning the "right side or correct side" is the left side for the brake. The jackshaft means you flip the rear wheel and the sprocket is on the "right" or pullstart side. Sorry for the confusion.

Lh/rh

Thanks for the pictures, yea I need to post pictures of LH/RH setups for both the suspened and non-suspended Trail Horse applications.

Swing arm bracket slot

See the Red bracket.

On my TH the bolt is actually welded to the swing arm so there is no bold head on the inside of the swing arm. Therefore, it seams like the bracket doesn't need the long slot. Are there versions where the shock bolt actually goes all the way thru the swing arm and then the long slot would be necessary to accomadate the bolt?

Yes, some swing arms had a bolt for the shock welded onto the arm while others had just a hole that a long bolt went through the shock, brake bracket and the arm. So I would say the slot would be needed. Even though one person might not need it someone else might.

Trail Horse Brake Brackets are Done

Hi Guys,

The TH brake brackets are finally done.
Shown next to an original bracket for reference.
FYI, there are 2 different brackets not 3 (3 total pictures is confusing, sorry).
One bracket is for rigid suspension and the other with the slot is for bikes with rear suspension.
They will be available soon, I'll update when they are ready to go.

Thanks
Frank

Last edited:
TH Brake Update

Guys/Gals,

I have one small detail on these I want to tweek and then they will be available for your rebuilds. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks
Frankster

I just spoke to Frank a couple days ago. He's had a lot going on in his life lately but they are done. He said he apologizes to anyone he spoke to about these and he will have them available very soon.