Steven Durham

When I joined this site Steve was the second person to say hello.. He was the first person to have a conversation with me.. I could have kept this to a PM but for some reason felt compelled to myself to say this.

I want to thank Steve for beeing a friend and without your kind words good chance I would not be here today and quite sure not making any mini bike parts. Steve is the type of man that loves to share his experience and knowledge, from his past and compassion for people and life.

There is only one thing better in life than talking to Steve on line and that is to actually spend time with him, Steve is great he will take the time at any event to sit down and just talk, he will make his rounds just to make sure he spends time with everyone!! if you are the type that enjoys people and life you are missing everyting not having this experience.

Steve, Thank you for a warm welcome to the site, and Thank you for taking the time to welcome me and Thank you for taking the time to spend with my family.

Best to me THANK YOU! for beeing the person you are, and for beeing my friend!

Nice job J.C.... Steve should be considered an OldMiniBikes treasure...!!

ok Gumpit...how can we get him to Windber....he would LOVE it and he would be treated like royalty..!!!!!

Last edited:

45t

That's cool to read, much better than drama. Its not too often you here of kind words like this. :thumbsup:

ok Gumpit...how can we get him to Windber....he would LOVE it and he would be treated like royalty..!!!!!

oh boy I have a Steve Durham announcement to make but I'm sworn to secrecy...:anon.sml:
3 minutes since your previous post. Want to play cards Pokerface....lol

It was a pleasure meeting Steve and shooting the breeze out west. I'd have to agree he'd be just exactly in his element in Windber! Pretty sure we all are ! :thumbsup:

Jeff,
I can't agree with you more, Steve is a prince of a guy and a pleasure to be around! He sure knows his stuff on the vintage bikes and it is nothing short of amazing to listen to his snapshot of life in California during the heyday of the mini bikes. :thumbsup:

Oldsalt

I asked, by telephone, that Steve, whom I had never met, drive a goodly distance from his home near Portland and, with his money, buy a Caper Cycle on CL that I really wanted. As I live the opposite side of the state it would have been gone by the time I got there. He graciously went to the trouble and risk. Heck, he didn't know me except through posts on this Forum! A really good guy in my book.

Andrewp

I asked, by telephone, that Steve, whom I had never met, drive a goodly distance from his home near Portland and, with his money, buy a Caper Cycle on CL that I really wanted. As I live the opposite side of the state it would have been gone by the time I got there. He graciously went to the trouble and risk. Heck, he didn't know me except through posts on this Forum! A really good guy in my book.
I dont personally know him, but he is always helping people. ^^This speaks volumes about the kind of guy he is. Thanks for sharing that oldsalt:thumbsup:

Jeff......You are absolutely right on this one !!!

As large of a group as we are, we could never come up with enough kind words to fully describe Steven Durham.

I'm lucky enough to live about 40 minutes from Steve and my shop is only 10 minutes from Steve. He has come to my work and we have visited each others homes on numerous occaisions. A couple of times for a small get together with the other local minibikers at my home, and other times just to visit. He spent 3 days here this spring installing a new furnace and heat pump ....Mrs. Scooterboy says "Tell those guy I said Steve walks on water!"(She loves her A/C !!!)
He has alot of great stories to tell, some related to minibikes, some just life in general. Luckily his mind is very sharp and I've only heard each story once :laugh: This year Steve stopped at the vintage kart event in Medford for a couple of days on his way home from Funday3. It was really great to watch him interact with all the people....you could tell he was totally in his element. He got lots of pictures and got to meet people he always wanted to meet.

Anyway.. I could go on and on here. Bottom line, Steve is one of the kindest,big-hearted, compassionate people I have ever met. I have 3 lists for people I've known...
1) PROUD to have met.
2) Glad to have met
3) Wish I'd have never met.

Steve, my friend, you are without a doubt on list #1 !!!

Well I want to thank everyone who has posted things about me and I find it hard to have a come back worthy.
But in life the quality of your friendships is what counts not the quantity. Here on the OldMiniBikes we have grown so big and fast that it is such a great place to hang out.
For me it now is mandatory to have a place to go to fill the hours of my day and I never get tired of enjoying sharing a slice of my past and hearing and seeing how others view this sport we call mini bikes,go Karts and trikes.
Steve :scooter: