Stock Spring Specs on 6.5 Clone?

pmoat

I'm putting in 18 lb valve springs on my HF 6.5 clone but was curious as to what the stock spring force is. Anybody know?

Thanks!

vette66_00

As Lefty said around 10 lbs... But we have test a few sets at 8lbs up to 13lbs and of course both springs are not equal tension, Usually 1 to 2 lbs off.

pmoat

Thanks for the responses!

Do you agree that 18# is the way to go with a de-governered, pretty stock engine with the billet flywheel, header with muffler, and hi flo air filter?

you'll be fine with 18lb springs.

it'd be a good idea to get a billet rod too since you removed (bypassed?) the gov. if you only bypassed it, you have to remove it anyways to install the rod.

pmoat

you'll be fine with 18lb springs.

it'd be a good idea to get a billet rod too since you removed (bypassed?) the gov. if you only bypassed it, you have to remove it anyways to install the rod.

Took the gov. out Strigoi. Definitely going to put the billet rod in also.

pmoat

Don't forget to rejet or drill out the stock jet:thumbsup:
I see that you've done some nice work on your engine. Can you recommend what to drill the jet out to? I know there's a process to go through involving running the kart, pulling the plug, and checking it to determine if jet size is right but is there a basic size that will work well?

PS I had to look up your username...adrenaline!

drill the main out with a #65 (.035") drill this will give you a #90 jet. I also drill my slow/idle jet with a #77 drill. This reduces the deceleration popping and easier cold starts