Tav 2 torque converter knockoff

Can I run without a bronze bushing mine got chewed up
I'm assuming you're talking about the bushing that rides on the fixed half of the driver. I've already ran without one before. It's doesn't chew up the belt but sometimes it wants to grab at idle. I've already had my gokart walk away on me while it was idling. It didn't go very fast, but it was enough to push me to get a new bushing.

When you get the new bushing, coat the inside with a thin layer of heavy grease and you'll be fine. I've tried the oil-filled bushings and the oil just spins right out of them.

I'd rather spend $5 on a bushing then loose my $500 gokart.

Thanks for the answer I'll just buy 5 or 6 found a pile of dust inside clutch cover it was the bushing. Tc was squealing bad after a ride

Last edited:
You can use a dry lube on those parts. If you use any oil or grease, they attract and hold the belt dust and gum up the works. Dry lube will stay dry and not attract dust, dirt and debris. It is the same stuff that is painted or sprayed on the garter spring assembly and outer bell of a new clutch.
I don't have a link handy for it but someone else may be able to provide a link for it.

Danford1

You can use a dry lube on those parts. If you use any oil or grease, they attract and hold the belt dust and gum up the works. Dry lube will stay dry and not attract dust, dirt and debris. It is the same stuff that is painted or sprayed on the garter spring assembly and outer bell of a new clutch.
I don't have a link handy for it but someone else may be able to provide a link for it.

Danford1
My mistake. I'll have to try that next time.

Can I run without a bronze bushing mine got chewed up
That's the way to go. It also help to grease the slider hub thingy that the moving half slides on.

Danford1
Here is the Dry Lube Danford1 was referring to.

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/lube-spray-11oz.html

Doug

I was referring to the Comet dry lube that was posted above. I don't know anything about PTFE. If it is dry and can handle the heat and pressure, then I "think" it would work. The Comet stuff is made for this exact application and works well. That can will last many, many years as you hardly use much each time you use it. Just a couple quick spurts.
Too bad they don't sell it in smaller cans. $22 Plus shipping is a lot to pay for it... then you have to wait a few days for it to get delivered.

Danford1