Tecumseh Throttle/Big Block Repro Q&A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of angle brackets and straight ones from the hardware store for 99 cents will solve the problem.
Yeah thats what i was kinda thinking. If you look at these setups this bracket isnt doing all that much. You could get two right angle brackets and form that M. Im actually convinced the bracket mine came with is better anyway. It what one that installs above the carb. Im going to run the throttle cable to that and see how it goes.

FYI. I will be picking up the lazer cut blanks today for all 3 pcs. used on the H-series throttle assembly. I had shelved this project some time ago, but decided recently to get it going again. Will post an update over the weekend. Joe51

FYI. I will be picking up the lazer cut blanks today for all 3 pcs. used on the H-series throttle assembly. I had shelved this project some time ago, but decided recently to get it going again. Will post an update over the weekend. Joe51
That's good news. I'd buy two. I never got around to building anything myself. Ive got 6 HP motors on a Sears Roper and a Stellar that are only waiting for these.

Hello,
I did pick up the blanks today. They look good. I will try to get a pic uploaded over the weekend to show what I am starting with. ( been a long time since I posted a pic) I have to build some fixtures to do the fine bend/form/drill work etc. It will take some time. I will keep you posted. Not taking orders at this time until I get to where I think I am good. A lot of work to do. And don't worry about getting one if interested. I will have more than enough. Right now I want to focus on getting everything dialed in.
Regards, Joe51

Here is where I am starting from. I would be happy to provide as much as a complete unit as possible. I am currently sourcing the bushings needed, correct screws, washer/spacer, I have NOS torsion springs & cable adjusters. Rods.... I can source or re-produce them. Not sure if I would provide that just yet. Anyways, will keep all posted. Regards, Joe51

Wanted to provide an update on the H series Throttle assemblies. I have attached a current photo. Almost there. One more fixture to make that will deep draw the 3 mounting points on the large bracket so they mount like the original. The main parts in the photo are the repo's mounted to an original shroud. Still some bending/extruding etc to get done.
Regards, Joe51

Update: Almost there. Got the extrusions figured out. A bit more to dial in. Original on the left. Notice that I will not be making those 3 "v" shaped bends in the repo. Did not see the need. Other than it won't be exact for the 68-69 Rupps. Regards, Joe 51

See pics below..I think

Last edited:
I can make you one or two kits. For 1 kit it would be $70.00 shipped. For 2 kits it would be $135.00 shipped. Postal money order only. Pm me if you are interested. It will take me a week to get them made up. As I ran out of pre-built units.
Regards,
Joe51