This is what I found at Joe's minibike reunion

Upon arriving to Joe's minibike reunion I noticed there were a lot of minibikes for sale, but the girls and I were running late, we had no time to do any shopping the show had started and we stilled had to set up and clean the minibikes for the show. After setting up and cleaning the minibikes the judges came and judged the minibikes.Once all that running around was done the girls and became hungry so we had lunch.After lunch the girls decided to take pictures of the minibike show, that gave me time to talk to some of the guys. I spoke with Mac, James C, Minibike Paul, Neck, Dan-e-boy,CarPlay aka Eric, Ralph from GT Hobbies the Cat minibike King of the West Coast that's his new title but he doesn't know it yet, oh yeah and George 3. So after one hour getting the minibike ready for the show and two hours of talking to the guys to my amazement three hours after show had started I saw this minibike still setting for sale. I looked over the minibike very carefully when I was done I asked to speak to the owner. The owner arrive we negotiated a fair price for the minibike, but I had not bought the minibike yeah, I took a picture of it with the price and text it to a good bud Capguncowboy he text right back you buying it? I called Andrew back on his phone and joking said should I buy it he said you better buy it before somebody takes it from up under nose. So bought it, So here it is it's a little rough and missing the disc brake caliper bracket and rotor for the front wheel but those are minor details. I'm sure it will clean up well. All of the hard to find parts are there on the minibike like the chain guard, two speed clutches and jack shaft and the gas tank. My question to all the Rupp gurus is the small grab bar over the brake light correct? The guy who I bought it from claimed it was an accessory for the bike. And it was already on there 25 years ago when got the bike. image.png image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg image.png

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

Karen, when I start on it you know I'm coming to you for the seat, but I would need to have the piping in gold of course.
Yes Karen, gold to match his new "grill"! :clap:

That bike is awesome! You'd have a hard time finding a more complete survivor bike! I am glad secondnotch got it! He will do it justice!

I think the piping may have been made available in both colors. I do know that Jim at Black Widow has an original seat and it is silver piping. I have personally seen it.

I have never seen a bar like that, nor have I seen it as an accessory. But that doesn't mean anything.

Nice find. Can't believe it sat that long before you bought it.

Gold or silver, that is the question.[emoji23] Just had that discussion with somebody today. Doesn't matter to me, I have both.[emoji106]
sure looks gold to me. I don't think it just yellowed from age. Maybe I'm wrong tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

capguncowboy

I talked to an old Rupp guy and he had a theory. The lighted bikes had gold piping and the nonlighted bikes had silver piping. I've seen it both ways, but I'm not willing to cut apart a vintage seat to see what's on the inside of the discolored plastic cover

I talked to an old Rupp guy and he had a theory. The lighted bikes had gold piping and the nonlighted bikes had silver piping. I've seen it both ways, but I'm not willing to cut apart a vintage seat to see what's on the inside of the discolored plastic cover
My seat is about junk. It's got a couple of tears and a few holes but still in tact. For the sake of the community, I will break a seam and take a pic. Let me get back home and I will post the results here

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but this is what I came up with. Tt500 seat had silver piping, not gold. See pics why I feel this way.

capguncowboy

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but this is what I came up with. Tt500 seat had silver piping, not gold. See pics why I feel this way.

That's the most conclusive evidence I've ever seen. Thanks for posting that

I have had many of the original seats here for work and they have all been gold. Yes, I have cut them apart and they are gold. Still doesn't mean that it hasn't yellowed over the years. :eek:ut: Windber Jeff had a few seats that were NOS in the box and he cut one open for me and it was gold. (Still could or yellowed in storage). My point would be that a chromed out RuppTT500 would not have gold piping. Check out Chris Downie's Rupps, he has bought them from me with gold and silver.:thumbsup:
rupp chris bike 1.jpg