trail horse wheels ?

trinik7597

hey OldMiniBikes i got some trail horse mags the ones that look like the astro wheels does anyone know what sprocket fits these ? since they are so similar does the astro wheel sprocket work on them ? is there a spacer if you are going to use one as a rear wheel ? thanks for any help:thumbsup:

Last edited:

markus

hey OldMiniBikes i got some trail horse mags the ones that look like the astro wheels does anyone know what sprocket fits these ? since they are so similar does the astro wheel sprocket work on them ? is there a spacer if you are going to use one as a rear wheel ? thanks for any help:thumbsup:

The actual trail horse assy has a unique cast spacer and sprocket, I just redid this set and forgot to take any pics when they were apart though :doah:

the Bolt pattern is the same as the tab-loc/astros and you should be able to to make one of the setups that work for the astro on the TH wheel. the sprocket for my Mickey Thomson wheels is one of those for the Astro they are the same bolt pattern as well but they use larger bolts so the holes had to be drilled out to work.

markus

They did use a sprocket and tube spacer on the bolt as well. It seems as though Trail Blazers has those.
wheels I posted are from my trail Blazer :shrug: the brake drum on the other side uses long spacers to get it out far enough out for the brake band

wheels I posted are from my trail Blazer :shrug: the brake drum on the other side uses long spacers to get it out far enough out for the brake band

Interesting. I have them with spacers on the sprocket side as well and it is definitely factory. I believe Ajaxmini may have one that way also. I'm guessing the cast aluminum basket adapters came later in production?

markus

Interesting. I have them with spacers on the sprocket side as well and it is definitely factory. I believe Ajaxmini may have one that way also. I'm guessing the cast aluminum basket adapters came later in production?
That may be, I think mine would have been a later bike, tag is gone and so it the engine though I dunno for sure. I got my eye out for another adaptor and sprocket, I think there is enough meat to drill them bigger for the mickey wheels, be a better setup than the azusa

Thats right both of my Trail Blazers have the sprocket adapter on them also , I have a Montgomery Wards that has Factory Astros and it has the five bolt and spacer setup on it .

Last edited:
As Chad says, I do have several Trail series bikes. My survivor Trail Blazer and Trail Horse both have the sprocket adapter with sprocket and spacers for the brake drum. I've not seen any but it's possible that on suspended bikes they could have had a brake drum on the jack shaft and used spacers on the sprocket. I feel like I've seen this once on here but can't remember who had it. I have a suspended Trail Horse that I got from rocco and it has the same setup as my others which is adapter for sprocket and spacers for the brake drum. I just thought of another scenario I think I seen and that was the brake drum against the sprocket but I don't know if it had an adapter or spacers and I do believe that was on a suspended bike. Once again, I haven't been following these bikes for awhile so I can't remember where I seen that one either.

Looks like the Appliance Alliance has to start getting the documentation down on these.

The one I sold to Cheezy has tubing spacers like a Ruttman or something.. But it does not use the 5 spoke mages, it has the Manco / Powerdyne style of aluminum split wheel..

wow i am even more confused than usual :laugh: so i can get an astro wheel drum sprocket from OldMiniBikes and space it out for clearance and that should work or no :shrug: or does someone sell the actual spacer and sprocket drum assembley for these wheels ?

markus

wow i am even more confused than usual :laugh: so i can get an astro wheel drum sprocket from OldMiniBikes and space it out for clearance and that should work or no :shrug: or does someone sell the actual spacer and sprocket drum assembley for these wheels ?
sorry this info go lost I guess on my first post under the pics:

the Bolt pattern is the same as the tab-loc/astros and you should be able to to make one of the setups that work for the astro on the TH wheel.

thanks markus :thumbsup: and everybody i am still learning when it comes to most of this stuff and the input really helps :thumbsup:

Last edited:
they are not going on a trail horse though . i am going to use them on a stellar until i can locate an original rear wheel for it was going to use the astros but i like the vintage stuff a little better:thumbsup: