WrenchDad's 2015 Build Off Entry Vintage Class: ARCO EZ Rider

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrenchDad

Thanks Guy's. Little update, Started blasting the frame and as rusty as it is It is pretty solid. I'm still short on original parts so I may end up going "open class" If I cant find original bars I can have a set made and I can get a re-pop seat and I'm working on a scrub brake. But I need an original EZ Rider tank and a rear fender. No luck on those yet.

we'll see

WrenchDad

Got the frame bead blasted, solid and definitely usable however it is pitted bad. The forks and wheels are done also and in the same shape. The shock bodies are pitted and the springs will need to be re chromed (they look OK but the side you cant see are bad). I'm gonna start doing body work and see if I can get the pitted surface smoothed out , if not I'll have to powder coat.

Here is a photo of the fenders for you Arco guys. I am not 100% sure that the rear fender is original because I bought it from Randy at Windber 3 years ago. He was pretty sure that it is the original fender. Since my bike is missing the fender bracket, I can't really tell if it matches up. When I make a fender bracket, it will match up either way.:laugh: I can always take the fender to OldMiniBikes and find the best match for you.

capguncowboy

Here is a photo of the fenders for you Arco guys. I am not 100% sure that the rear fender is original because I bought it from Randy at Windber 3 years ago. He was pretty sure that it is the original fender. Since my bike is missing the fender bracket, I can't really tell if it matches up. When I make a fender bracket, it will match up either way.:laugh: I can always take the fender to OldMiniBikes and find the best match for you.
They look at lot like the fenders I had on mine. My rear fender had a washer welded to each mounting hole -- my guess is that it was rusted through at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.