steven Durham

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Steve, Really having troubles with this 5hp briggs on this custom trike. The problem is getting the governer rod to move the throttle on the carb. I am not sure how to set it up. My question is can I just take the rod off and run the cable straight to the carb and just not run wide open. Also I wanted to use the tank on the frame and i heard tecumseh carb with a float can be used on a Briggs engine, Is this correct? Thanks for all the help. I will ost more pics just hoping to get a better camera besides my phone.
    Hi Steve - I guess you are the man who knows all; I have built a tote-goat with a 5.5 honda clone 3/4 35 chain and now im in search of the correct clutch - i have been advised i need a "breaking clutch" I need this thing to work up and down trails, the centrifuge clutch was the wrong choice - rookie mistake - but now i need this thing up and running - any advice or parts to sell me?
    thanks
    Mike
    I saw this on the vintage trikes Yahoo group and thought you may be interested or know someone. Randy "I Have 2 Factory issue Brandnew Mufflers for the 295 and 340cc KOHLER Twin 2
    stroke engines, engines extremly hard to find. sell 45.00 each plus shipping.
    m.hurley88@... or call anytime 618) 267-0872
    "
    sorry steve, just got your message. Thanx for the info price is good just need some mini bike capital. jim
    Hi Steve,
    RPM here. I was wondering if you still had your 3 powells. I'm getting ready to build one. Would you want to sell the one with the nice front forks? If so, do you mind sending me a photo?
    hey how s it going, I mostly mess around with mini bike, but the other day while looking for old mini's i came across a i think a rts 440 it looks like the one you have in your pics., i was thinking about getting it just to save it from its rusty grave and make a few bucks, its looks to be all there, the carb. cover is missing good chance the motor is full of water but the glass is in pretty good shape, he said the right drive shaft is broke, just thought maybe you could give me some advice on price. he said 350.00 didn't know if they were that rare. thanks
    hello steve. im new to this site as i just picked up a 72?alsport trisport and trying to get info. i understand you use to be a dealer, im tryin to figure out the forum, ill be postin some questions and would like to thank you for any help you could give.
    Hi Steve. Gumpit thought you might be able to help me with some info on my Alsport trike. I'm trying to find out if there is a way to remove the hubs from the differential. Any information you might have would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.
    Shawn
    Thanks Steve and Yes the mental stress is bad, Will check ebay or something. Thanks again Tim
    I sure am glad that I don't have to be out looking for a job in this dismal economy and I know it is not easy on both the monetary side of life but the mental stress is taking it's toll too.
    Sorry but I have no big Briggs engine parts last 8 HP went on my Tote Gote I sold a few years back. Steve
    Hi Steve, I was just wondering if you had a pull start and a gas tank for a 8hp briggs that you might want to sell. The Tri-rod is coming along did a lot of sanding and painting , Just need to reassemble and post some new pics. But the engine that came with it had no pull start or tank so i cant tell if it will run. The man said he had it on a go kart but dont know how long ago that was. I am not looking for a hand out Just parts on a budget since I am still not back to work. Thanks for any help and God bless.
    Hi : I know I never had anything but the standard Orange Trikes. It one time I had a Promark brochure. But it went with my Blue Tri-Sport when I sold it to a guy in Illinois.
    Steve
    steven I just found a 1978 Baja scout i did a search and found a place selling spark plugs that had it listed as a tri sport 1978 must have been when Pro Mark owned them. there the only oneiknew that had the whitebody although a friendofmine worked at alsport in norwalk that said alsport made white ones but only for the executives
    Hi James : It could be a lot of things with a two stroke if the plug is good and you have spark I would get a kit for the carb and rebuild it, I am assuming it is a diaphragm type of carb. If the motor has been sitting a long time it could be leaking seals on the crank shaft and that is the worst of the lot. The engine should be leak tested by a engine builder. A go kart shop should be able to work on the engine at least do the leak test.
    There has to be sled shops some where down there. We have a few good ones here but I have never used them. Steve
    steve, my jlo wont run after about ten revolutions of the motor when running, even with starting fluid. what do you think is wrong?
    Hey Steve, your Paypal should have the amount of $110 per your information. Check back with you later. Scott
    Hi Scott : My son said our PayPal account is the same as our e-mail
    ( sdurham11@comcast.net ) so that should work for you. I have a meeting tomorrow for the BTW Trikers but will be home after that. Steve
    Hi Scott : I will have to ask my son about the PayPal information in the morning. How does $75.00 for the parts and the $35.00 for the shipping sound ?
    Steve
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…