Search results

1. joshua. c.

1970s coalman mini bikes and new coalman mini bike share one detail in common.

I have one of the 1970s coalman mini bikes and ive been searching for a larger sprocket option since I don't have the origenal motorcycle like motor. I plan on using a highly modified briggs inteck 206 over head valve motor. The old sprocket this bike has would be way to small to provide the...
  2. joshua. c.

The crap you find while working on old houses

Over the years I have worked on a few old houses mostly as a laborer for one of my frends helping him on projects for him and his frends onn off once in a blue moon. Im not a pro by any means but I have come across alot of stuff that just makes me ask why?!!! When I was insulating the basement...
  3. joshua. c.

Mini bikes on dirt bike trails , an Interesting idea I mignt persue soon.

I was thinking recently that I have several verry capable powerful full suspention mini bikes without to many places to ride them so I was thinking I might try getting a pair or more regesterd as dirt bikes and try exploring all the local dirt bike trails. My bikes are fast with good power and...
  4. joshua. c.

My first experiment with a built hs50

The bike I recently finished some mods to is the second mini bike I ever owned. I gave it to my cousens daughter a while ago and recently she gave it back to me not wanting it anymore. so I added it back to my growing collection and made some mods. I took the motor and ported the intake and...
  5. joshua. c.

speedway project

I have an old project that got sidelined when I found out the motor I had was junk. I got this speedway all junked up, the top of the frame was cut out and horridly replaced to fit the h70 and the wheel spacers were missing the sprocet mount had crumbled and the brake was missing the armature...
  6. joshua. c.

We need country wide snowmobile regestrations and trail passes.

I want to get this idea out there to be disscussed and hopefully someday implemented. I don't like the fact that you have to regester your sled for every state you wish to enter and buy trail passes for most of them. This can get cumbersome and verry expensive for something you may only use...
  7. joshua. c.

Cat Endura mini bike question

I have had a Cat Endura frame for a while now and I just found the last few parts to get this build started but there is one pice I cant confirm the brand of. Dose anyone know what brand of torque converter was used on this bike? I think it might be either a comet 20 or a salsbury 330 but I...
  8. joshua. c.

clutch choice advice neaded

I have a built up Briggs Animal racing motor built to turn 9000+ rpms that is going into a Bonanza frame. Its not getting a torque converter so which centrifugal clutches will hold up to this type of punishment? I would prefer not to use a plate clutch. I have a hillard, the type with the outer...
  9. joshua. c.

Let's discuss endurance racing

Recently multi hour mini bike endurence races have started popping up and they are becoming popular, so lets discuss. So what did you think of them? Did anything funny or interesting happen? What types of things did you see break most often? what advice would you dive a newcomer ect? I've never...
  10. joshua. c.

highschool desighn and set up stupidity.

I was thinking cack to high school recently and mine had some pritty dumb issues. The elementry and middle schools were one town only but the highschool was mixed towns so it was run differently. My biggest complaint was the high school computer system (or lack there of) the town shools had...
  11. joshua. c.

Tecumseh h70 oversized piston

I have a worn out h70 in need of a rebuild but cant find a piston. I need a 10 or 20 or 30 over oversized piston (new/un used), Not interested in a hole motor, shipping would cost to much.
  12. joshua. c.

pull cord brand, which is best?

There seems to be allot of very week pull cord on the market. I just got some from a Polaris dealership for my sled and it lasted less than a day before braking. I'll never buy that stuff again, the old rope lasted for years. (this example was a snowmobile but this is an issue for mini bikes...
  13. joshua. c.

new freight train braking idea.

I had a new idea for additional braking on freight trains. most trains probably don't need it but I have heard of some horror stories about braking failures, so it got me thinking, what if you added sails to the sides or top of every freight car that were folded closed against the car and that...
  14. joshua. c.

chain derailment fix ideas.

chain derailment is one of the biggest issues plaguing mini bikes. especially bikes with rear swing arms and there are a few ways to fix it. one very common way is to make a spring loaded tensioner. solid tensioners are also common but only really work on hard tale bikes. The problem is even...
  15. joshua. c.

A big hindrance to the growth of snowmobiling

in my personal opinion the biggest hindrance to the sport of snowmobiling in the united states is the registration system. every state requires a sled to be registered in there state to ride in it. and some states have trail passes to cover maintenance and some don't. its pretty much impossible...
  16. joshua. c.

mini bike motors with horns

predator engines are often mounted without their tanks but did anyone else ever notice at the fact that the tank mounts look like horns.? its funny that the cheep engine replacing so many vintage motors has horns.
  17. joshua. c.

not many builds with briggs inteck 6.5 ohv's.

I keep seeing lots of threads about briggs 5hp flathead builds in this section but not many threads with the briggs and straton over head valve engines. The briggs 6.5 ohv is the engine the animal racing engine was based off of so can use all the hop up parts made for the animal. It has just...
  18. joshua. c.

ridiculously overpriced ebay mini bike parts.

Ive been noticing lately some actions starting with parts for popular bikes like rupps and speedways that have been started with such A high price that no one even bids on them. mind you ebay prices are high already and I've regularly seen these exact parts sell, in an auction, for around...
  19. joshua. c.

don't like new adds

I understand this site is in need of money but these new adds popping up in the middle of the forum list are the most annoying thing ever. Ill never buy a product advertised in such an intrusive way. if your going to put add on the site use the unused space in the margins on both sides of the...
  20. joshua. c.

overpowering a 6 inch driven comet torque a verter? fixes? other clutch options?

I have an ohh55 powered trike that I've been slowly modifying for more and more power. as of my last mod switching from the stock carb to a tecumseh 10 hp carb I gained a ton of power but now my driven keeps un winding itself. It keeps pulling the clutch cam past the rubber stops and looses all...