1965 Skat Kitty

jeep4me

I got this Skat Kitty w/side car a couple weeks ago in a trade from dw1973 (Dave). This is one of those "bucket list" minibikes and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get it. Thanks Dave for offering it to me.:thumbsup:

Anyway, It was pretty much in barn find condition when I got it, short of the engine which was completely rebuilt by 125ccCrazy (Randi).

I decided to just clean it up and leave it in its original paint. Just give it a good cleaning. Wow, it was a mess:shrug: and Wow it cleaned up nice:thumbsup:. Most of the chrome parts shined right up, the head light was the pretty much the only chrome part that didn't clean up so well.

It was missing the tail light lens. But, while I cleaning it up in my work room I wanted to see if the lights worked on it. It has a battery box which takes a large battery, and the only thing I have that uses a battery like that is an old "Big Beam" flash light. As luck might have it, the red signal lens on that flashlight fit perfectly on the mounting bracket of the tail light....problem solved.:wink:

Here's a couple before and after pictures.

Now I just need to find a 1965 Michigan plate to put on it. That Ohio plate is killing me:repuke:

Here's how it looks after 15hrs of cleaning......

That turned out great Steve!!............You gonna run it on the west side ride??...........You could haul the beverages!...........:thumbsup:.............Good luck on the plate...............Tom.

jeep4me

Thanks guys. But I can't take all the credit. dw1973 was the one who found this little gem, I just gave it a bath.

It is a nice looking little bike though.

seems like he has a nose for the unusual.......think he has a new one on another thread....scooter that is......kinda neat......I kinda like the unusual........:thumbsup:

novadose74

Hi. I was curious if you could let me know the distance between the two bolt holes that keeps the battery box attached to the frame. I need this desperately!!! Thanks, hope to hear from me out soon. Thank you. Novadose74. Tom

Hi. I was curious if you could let me know the distance between the two bolt holes that keeps the battery box attached to the frame. I need this desperately!!! Thanks, hope to hear from me out soon. Thank you. Novadose74. Tom
Hi did you find an answer to your question? I own 2 of these minibikes and I could measure them for you.