* 2016 OldMiniBikes BUILD OFF " HELLZAPOPPIN " Anything Goes Class

It is obvious that you have been to tube bending school . That frame looks just Bad asss , the rear section has a really trick look going for it . I will be watching this one for sure .
Also your skills are just top notch. What part of Kentucky are you in ? Anywhere close to east Tn ? May need to come see you for fab lessons .
Thanks David...no bending school for me...just the school of hard knocks ..:laugh: I'm in southern/mid Ky...about a hour north of Nashville .

Good Lord.
Do you sleep
Awesome!!!
Haha :laugh: Not much Tom...life's to short .:laugh:

This is what I woke up to this morning....ugh ! :blink:

Not to bad yet...probably 8 or 9 inches, with more to come...hopefully not much.

So I headed to the shop to work on this build, I got the frame squared up and measured out...plus welded together.

Also cut the head tube and welded in with 25 degrees of rake .

Engine mount plate cut and installed also, and made a seat bracket.

Getting this far today was great, I think this is the hardest part of all of the build...getting it squared up and welded together.

Thanks Karen...and my triple trees were suppose to be in today from the OldMiniBikes warehouse, but the mail did not run because of.... SNOW...:facepalm:

I got the wheels in this week from the OldMiniBikes warehouse, so I got those mounted as well.:smile:

If the mail runs tomorrow this could be a roller before the weekend is over.:001_rolleyes:

Last edited:
Triple trees from the OldMiniBikes warehouse came in today, so I did a quick mock up of the forks. This gives me a chance to measure for axle bolts.

Also was able to get the rear axle tubes crimped and drilled. . Not sure yet ..I still might move the rear wheel forward some .

Last edited:
hey eric it,s filup found something new to me -playing around on OldMiniBikes site -found your thread on frame learning something new every day-man you do nice work -did not know you was one of the top builder-will make the trip to russleville soon -now i know were to look to find late,s pics-boy there is a lot of gifted people doing these mini bikes-wish i had found out about mini;s years ago-thanks for your input about these great grown man toys-talk again GOD-BLESS US ALL -FILUP

Good to see you on fillup, and you come up anytime you want. As for me, I'm no top notch builder...just a old guy reliving his youth. :wink: