Cheapo Briggs Exhaust Extension

Tried a bit of ghetto for my Atlas resto/rat build.

The exhasut extension is chorme plated brass tailpiece for a sink from home depot

The bell fits over the standard hot dog muffler and gets held in place by the pot metal nut that comes with the tail piece. Ran it for about 10 and it held nice and tight with no discoloration.

Look pretty nice and if you're not a purist or a plumber you'd never know it didn't belong there.

markus

Nice! I just left the plumbing dept. at the hardware store with a chrome 1/2 shower head extension for an exhaust I have been trying to complete.

That looks sweet, I might have to try that out. The plumbing section is a great place to find cool exhaust stuff. Your seat is really cool too by the way. :thumbsup:

Drano...I like that.

I'll take some better pics later this week. I'm waiting for throttle controls, caliper and decals and she'll be done for a while.

The seat is a piece of red oak, rounded over with a router and sanded, sanded, sanded. Then stained, steel wooled and finally waxed, waxed waxed....slick as goose chit. Glad it's just a subdivsion cruiser.

I work for a Plumbing and Heating company and I am always looking at the parts for "Other" uses. This is a chrome tailpiece used on the drain under the sink. I cut it at an angle makes a nice carb stack.

Also used the same piece for these exhaust stacks on my tractor.

markus

Thats a great Idea:innocent::thumbsup:
I dunno if its gonna fly yet. I don't have the fancy lathe like KK just a uni bit, a dirty rag, and vise, running the tap through was a whole lotta fun:

Ive given it a test fit to see if it will clear the aircleaner. It just barely clears the cleaner one way, plenty of room if you flip flop the pipe. My A.D.D. kicked in and went onto something else, so I still have not run it to see if it will hold.