Christmas morning 1972

jrzmac

what was it a suzuki rm 65 or something? I had a 1976 Kawi KE 100 after I out grew my Fox Thunderbolt! the thing was so easy 5 up. I beat the hell out of em... I'd give anything to have them both back!

jrzmac

heres a pic of them both. You can tell who owned the bikes... the one who wasn't pushing em. We had to walk them thru the park. Then cranked em up when we got deeper in the woods. hahaha I never had to push!

holy crap!.........you're parents bought you that thing while you were still in PJ's with the feet in 'em ?????

:censure: I had my driver's license and my parents still wouldn't let me get a mini-bike :doah::hammer:

very cool pic, I'm jealous :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Didn't get it for christmas, but I'm sure it was like chirstmas when I got it though.

All I have is a couple old grainy pics. The one has my great grandma (granny) in it. She was out visiting from Oklahoma and was on her way back home when I was supposed to take a picture with her, and insisted on having my Minibike in the picture as well.

I'm pretty sure it was a Taco 22 with incorrect forks. I remember it being a project even back in the mid 70s. My dad says he raked the headtube slightly for stability...Didn't do much good, because I ended up wiping out at the school parking lot and grinding half my face off on the asphalt. After that I nicknamed it "Killer"

Nice pics INJUNTOM brings back a lot of memories doesn't it. I actually got my Granny to go for a ride once. I remember everyone asking her if she was sure she wanted to do that but she hopped on. thank goodness it was uneventful.:smile:

i got mine used. dad paid $20.00 for it. it had no twist throttle and i rode it all xmas day with heavy string hooked up to the carb. within a week i modded a 3 speed twistgrip from a bicycle and it was on like donkey kong!!

GO ON HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH THIS:laugh::laugh:
HA...we must be about the same age. Back in the 70's I used to wear turtleneck sweaters even in the summer because I wanted to look like Illya Kuryakin from the Man from U.N.C.L.E. :laugh::doah:

..didn't have a pair of slacks like that though :rolleyes:

cool pic:thumbsup:

Neck

Growing up is optional
Christmas 1970

Well actually the pic was taken in June, very shortly after we picked the bike up. I didn't have a helmet so mom wouldn't let me ride it!