Harbor Freight 86 cent score

Bikerscum

The newspaper today had a HF sale ad, including a $10 multitester free with any purchase. So I went in & bought a pair of scissors on sale for 99 cents, used a 20% off coupon on that, grand total 79 cents for everything.... 86 cents with tax. The cashier was laughing as he gave me change back from my dollar. :thumbsup:

Ok, so it's not a lab quality multimeter, but hey... it'll tell you if there's voltage or not, continuity or not, etc. The scissors are actually really good, I have a few pairs around the house.

joekd

I have 2 of those now, one I keep in my garage for quick tests of car wiring, the other I gave to my son to play with (test batteries and stuff)

So far they both seem to be working great

Bobscooters

well it only cost the chinese 2 cents to make it so they are still ahead, seriously i have alot of HF stuff and it works just as well as the sears, walmart or home depot chinese stuff and cost alot less. i'm not big on their electrical stuff but when you can buy a cut off saw for $9.99 even if it last a year your really out nothing. i bought a B&D spotlight the other day for $10. bucks yeah great deal - again made in china !

george3

Toy tools, lol. good for checking non hazardous voltages. I would prob. buy the sissors my garage ones have seen better days. The replacement batterys will cost more than the tester, LOL.

Last edited:
First the good. I've got one of those multimeters and so far so good. Bought a couple of their digital calipers a few years ago and have been happy with that. The first caliper is still working so the second one is still sitting new in the box. Bought a 90 degree air angle grinder and a couple of whizzers from there also, they are all still working.

Now the bad. I did buy a mini air powered hack saw that quit after a total of about 1 hour of running time, a real POS. My band saw would not make a true 90 degree cut. Blade didn't run at 90 degrees to the table. Had to fuss around with that to get it to run true but cut's ok now. Had a heck of a time getting the belt on my belt sander to run true and not wander all over the place. I would never buy any of their "precision" metal working equiptment. Took a look at one their lathes that they had on display, it had so much lash in the gears you could rotate the adjusting knobs almost 360 degrees before anything moved.

I would't hesitate to buy some of their stuff although there is other stuff they have I wouldn't take it it were free. I guess you get what you pay for.

man ya cheap ass .....:shifty::shifty: .... got ya beat tho . went to home dopeo a while back and they had solder flux on clearance . .05 each :eek: so got 2 puck cans and a bottle total out the door $0.16 . was fun as hell paying for it toss the cleark a quarter and got change back . :laugh::001_tt2: was like being a kid when money had worth to it

First the good. I've got one of those multimeters and so far so good. Bought a couple of their digital calipers a few years ago and have been happy with that. The first caliper is still working so the second one is still sitting new in the box. Bought a 90 degree air angle grinder and a couple of whizzers from there also, they are all still working.

Now the bad. I did buy a mini air powered hack saw that quit after a total of about 1 hour of running time, a real POS. My band saw would not make a true 90 degree cut. Blade didn't run at 90 degrees to the table. Had to fuss around with that to get it to run true but cut's ok now. Had a heck of a time getting the belt on my belt sander to run true and not wander all over the place. I would never buy any of their "precision" metal working equiptment. Took a look at one their lathes that they had on display, it had so much lash in the gears you could rotate the adjusting knobs almost 360 degrees before anything moved.

I would't hesitate to buy some of their stuff although there is other stuff they have I wouldn't take it it were free. I guess you get what you pay for.

Close enough for Chinese work!

toomanytoys

I have a few things from there and they all work good. No complaints.

Those meters are only safe for 12vdc and maybe 110vac but I wouldn't get technical with it. If you testing resistance and such. Usually they aren't accurate enough for that kind of work.

Bikerscum

man ya cheap ass .....:shifty::shifty: .... got ya beat tho . went to home dopeo a while back and they had solder flux on clearance . .05 each :eek: so got 2 puck cans and a bottle total out the door $0.16 . was fun as hell paying for it toss the cleark a quarter and got change back . :laugh::001_tt2: was like being a kid when money had worth to it
:bowdown::bowdown:

WLB

We get one or two coupons each week for freebies with any purchase. They have been sending those coupons out for over two years. I'm sure I have at least 20 flashlights, 5 pairs of scissors, 5 multimeters, 5 sets of screwdrivers, and 5 tape measures all free with purchases. There is a Harbor Freight about two miles from our house and I buy a lot of small stuff and quite a bit of large items there. If I need more than one thing I take my son so we get two freebies.

george3

Why not use the credit card? LOL