I'm in! 2016 Build-Off Just for Fun

Found the camera in with the kid's toys. The more I look at the frame, I'll be cutting off the bent stock foot pegs. I have a pair of folding ones and can't decide to just weld them on, or weld in a nut so they can thread into the frame? One of the pics shows the rod that will actuate the band brake and the scrub brake at the same time. I still need to heat one end and thread the other and buy a few more parts.

Attachments

No need to worry take your time, and thanks! Thanks Pat and Bandit! Thinking about welding in pre-drilled slug and then running a tap through it to match the thread size?

I guess I'll be ditching the plastic fenders for steel. I need to modify the front, slightly wider than the forks. Measured where the original foot pegs need to be cut off and got a better idea on how the new ones will look. Polished up a very dull pair of stainless steel handlebars for my MX, came out great!

Attachments

Last edited:
No work on bikes this week, family vacation in South Florida. Hard enough trying to keep myself from getting a sunburn.. still beats 35 degrees below at home!

No work on bikes this week, family vacation in South Florida. Hard enough trying to keep myself from getting a sunburn.. still beats 35 degrees below at home!
................:crying::001_tt2::001_tt2:...Have fun and hope ya have a great time O.

Dave I was able to keep cool by staying away from the Ocean, pool and having a couple of cold ones!! Got back today at noon and looked at the bike to see what was next. The fenders need to be shortened and re-arched to match the wheels, look too big. I pulled this Briggs 2 or 3 hp off the shelf in place of the Honda, too much hp and can always swap it back over ( hopefully not breaking the rules). My Daughter that will be riding it is only 5 1/2 and this will be he first bike. I still need to see how the rear wheel aligns up with the chain.. lots of empty space without a drum brake.

Attachments